• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Panasonic Intros the Toughbook C2 Windows 8 Convertible Tablet PC

Panasonic, an industry leader in rugged, reliable mobile computers since 1996, today announced the Toughbook C2 - a semi-rugged convertible tablet PC that is Panasonic's first Toughbook model optimized for the new Microsoft Windows 8 Pro operating system.

The new device includes a third-generation Intel Core processor, delivers approximately 11 hours of battery life and offers the industry-leading reliability that is synonymous with the Toughbook brand. For highly mobile workers in markets like healthcare, education and field sales - as well as the IT departments that support them - the Toughbook C2 will deliver the performance and reliability needed to drive improved productivity.

Panasonic Toughbook C2: Key Features

● Microsoft Windows 8 Pro 64-bit operating system with Microsoft Windows 7 professional option available
● Intel Core i5-3427U vProTM (3 MB cache, up to 2.8 GHz) with Intel Turbo Boost Technology
● 5-point capacitive multi-touch 12.5-inch, 500 nit, daylight-readable HD display with an anti-reflective/anti-glare treatments, and IPS technology to enable a wide viewing angle
● Digitizer for effortless note-taking and signature capture with an electronic pen
● Enhanced triple hinge design that provides durable support when rotating the screen to tablet mode
● Leading battery life: Delivers approx. 11 hours of continuous use depending on usage conditions (approx. 15 hours with optional long life battery)
● Bridge battery allows the main battery to be swapped without powering down the device
● Approx. 3.99 lb. magnesium alloy design
● High-definition 720p webcam with built-in microphone and optional 3 MP rear facing camera
● Redesigned ergonomic Y-shaped hand strap for easy carrying in both landscape and portrait modes
● Embedded wireless technologies including Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n, Bluetooth and optional 4G LTE or 3G Gobi mobile broadband
● Flexible configuration options including the optional inclusion of a serial port, VGA (HDMI port comes standard) or modem port, as well as optional near field communications (NFC) or SmartCard reader for user authentication
● Ambient light, magnetic, acceleration and gyro sensors to enable new Windows 8 functionalities
● USB 3.0 ports: Includes two backward-compatible USB 3.0 ports that allow file transfer speeds up to 10x faster than USB 2.0 ports

For a full list of Toughbook C2 specifications, visit http://www.Toughbook.com

"The way we use technology on the job is evolving - today's mobile professional demands flexibility and durability in addition to power and full functionality," said Kyp Walls, director of product management, Panasonic System Communications Company of North America. "We engineered the Toughbook C2 to go where our customers go and to do whatever they need it to do, without the concerns that are inherent with a less reliable notebook or tablet."

Semi-Rugged Durability

Offering improved ruggedness over previous models of its type, the Toughbook C2 is designed to withstand a wide variety of work environments. Its magnesium alloy case and shock-mounted flex-connect hard drive allow it to handle up to a 30-inch drop to six sides, as well as a 12-inch drop from 26 angles. The computer also features a spill-resistant keyboard (up 6 ounces).

Specialized Features for Healthcare Users

The Toughbook C2 is built to be the ideal mobile point-of-care solution for nurses, doctors and other healthcare professionals. Its long battery life is designed for a full work shift without the need for recharging or docking, while its combination of bridge battery and optional lightweight battery offers professionals an even lighter alternative while still allowing for continuous uninterrupted use. The redesigned hand strap allows it to be carried comfortably for long periods of time. Its fanless design means no air is drawn in or out of the device, minimizing the spread of airborne pathogens.

Pricing and Availability

The Panasonic Toughbook C2 is available this December from authorized Panasonic resellers starting at $2949. The Toughbook C2 includes a standard three-year limited warranty.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Processor 13700KF Undervolted @ 5.6/ 5.5, 4.8Ghz Ring 200W PL1
Motherboard MSI 690-I PRO
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 w/ Arctic P12 Fans
Memory 48 GB DDR5 7600 MHZ CL36
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 FE
Storage 2x 2TB WDC SN850, 1TB Samsung 960 prr
Display(s) Alienware 32" 4k 240hz OLED
Case SLIGER S620
Audio Device(s) Yes
Power Supply Corsair SF750
Mouse Xlite V2
Keyboard RoyalAxe
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores They're pretty good, nothing crazy.
starting at 2949? what are they smoking?

Binge

Overclocking Surrealism
System Name Molly
Processor i5 3570K
Motherboard Z77 ASRock
Cooling CooliT Eco
Memory 2x4GB Mushkin Redline Ridgebacks
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 680
Case Coolermaster CM690 II Advanced
Power Supply Corsair HX-1000
loool this is ridiculous. hp has done pcs that can twist their screens around and no1 cared about them. now the whole world wants to do "tablet" convertables
and this thing is just too bulky to be a convertable lol

System Name Shoebox Sandwich | Razer Blade 14 | Synology DS418 w/ 4X8TB WD Red | iPhone 15 Pro
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX
Motherboard ASRock B650E PG-ITX WiFi | Razer thing
Cooling NZXT Kraken 240 RGB w/ Lian Li P28 + Corsair AF120 Slim | Double fan vapour chamber
Memory G.Skill Flare X5 2x16GB 6000MHz CL32 DDR5 | 16GB 3200MHz DDR4
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XTX | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 8GB
Storage Seagate FireCuda 520 2TB + Lexar NM790 4TB | 1TB NVMe SSD + 2TB NVMe external SSD
Display(s) Alienware AW3423DW & Sony A90K 42" | 14" QHD IPS 165Hz & Sony X90J 65" 4K TV
Case FormD T1 - v2.1 - Titanium colourway w Aluminium mesh | Razer Blade 14
Audio Device(s) Schiit Hel 2E (Focal Clear & HiFiMAN HE-4XX & DROP PC38X) | Samsung Q950A
Power Supply Corsair SF750 Platinum | Razer 230W brick
Mouse Razer Viper Ultimate Mercury | Roccat Kain 202
Keyboard DIY Geek 64 PCB (Kailh Box Deep Sea - Matcha XDA Keycaps) | Corsair K63
VR HMD Oculus Quest
Software Windows 11 Home | Windows 11 Home
Benchmark Scores 2022 MINI Countryman SE PHEV Hybrid ALL4 | British Racing Green| Malt Brown Interior| YOURS Trim
loool this is ridiculous. hp has done pcs that can twist their screens around and no1 cared about them. now the whole world wants to do "tablet" convertables
and this thing is just too bulky to be a convertable lol

Lots of companies have been doing convertibles for years (at least a decade-Toshiba, Fujitsu, IBM/Lenovo etc). I still have an old Toshiba M200 around the place that still works. I had a HP touchsmart convertible, while it was good for games, it's poor battery life really annoyed me.

I've been using convertibles for years and I have to admit, they are VERY VERY useful, especially for things like school and university (what I have used them for). I currently use a Lenovo X201T, built like a tank, very small and light but it is butt ugly.