1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Panasonic to Release 4x Blu-Ray Writer

Discussion in 'News' started by malware, Oct 18, 2007.

1. malware New Member

Thanks Received:
    Panasonic shared its plans to release an internal Blu-Ray writer. The new disc burner nicknamed LF-PB271JD will be able to burn 50GB on a dual-layer Blu-Ray disc, thanks to a SATA interface and an 8MB buffer. Panasonic's writer will come bundled with CyberLink's BD Solution 1.0 and will be able to write BD-R at 4x, BD-RE at 2x, DVD-RAM at 5x, DVD-R/+R at 16x, DVD-R/+R DL at 8x, DVD-RW/+RW at 6x, CD-R at 40x and CD-RW at 24x. The Panasonic LF-PB271JD will be released on November 10th and will cost a little over $460.

[​IMG]

Source: TechConnect Magazine
  2. cjoyce1980 New Member

Thanks Received:
    boring....... let me know when a HD-DVD/Blu-Ray Combi Writer comes out. then i'm not pinned to a format, but nice to see the price drop though
  3. ex_reven New Member

Thanks Received:
    They could have made it a little prettier.

For $460 Id at least expect a good looking metal face with some original design rather than just using the same old tired plastic theyve been using since the invention of the CD-ROM drive.
  4. effmaster

effmaster New Member

Thanks Received:
    Its just them trying to make a profit wherever they can to make up for the massive costs of diving into the Blu-ray market while still trying to make it a more mainstream price.

Tis is useless to me though since I only support HD-DVD
  5. WarEagleAU

WarEagleAU Bird of Prey

Thanks Received:
    Looks dont matter to me, as long as they offer it in black . Actually, thats a nice price since the first BD writers came out. And I dont have a problem being locked into a format that has about 2xs the storage as hd dvd. I have a BD player with my PS3 and this is excellent for it. However, the media is still ludicrously high...
  6. niko084

niko084

Thanks Received:
    Heh how about a Movado watch too, I could use another... :(

Ya, I sit the same with you here also...