1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Parent Group Upset Over Wii Gun Controller

Discussion in 'News' started by zekrahminator, Sep 14, 2007.

1. Polaris573

Polaris573 Senior Moderator

Thanks Received:
    I agree with the Grandparent. I was a good wholesome kid until I played duck hunt on my friend's NES. Turned out it was a "Gateway Toy" and I quickly moved on to ever more violent objects. Next, was a rubber band gun, then a BB gun, and finally the big time a .22 caliber pistol. My world of fun and violence came crashing down around me when I suddenly realized all this had made me a psychopath, and I went on a murderous rampage because that was what my toys told me to do. So, as I speak to you from prison, I want to remind you "Friends don't let friends play with objects that, may or may not, have a loose connection to violence".

Last edited: Sep 14, 2007
  2. rangerone766

rangerone766

Thanks Received:
    so, if toy guns and video games make boys into killers

what do baby dolls do to girls? make them into whores? that's absurd right. just some thing to think about.

3. Casheti

Casheti New Member

Thanks Received:
    General Reinwald is the man! :toast:

4. lemonadesoda

lemonadesoda

Thanks Received:
    It all started with pong. Someone told me the ball was an annoying american brat, and I was totally hooked. Today, I view modern games with the same concept, only the graphics just got better.

5. tigger

tigger I'm the only one

Thanks Received:
    if it was dildo shaped,would they be saying the kids are gonna grow up as sexual deviants?

what a crock,its guns that kill not toys.

6. Kreij

Kreij Senior Monkey Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:

There fixed it. ;)

7. Kreij

Kreij Senior Monkey Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
  8. a111087

a111087

Thanks Received:
  9. Casheti

Casheti New Member

Thanks Received:
    I don't know but I'd buy one.

10. WarEagleAU

WarEagleAU Bird of Prey

Thanks Received:
    Dont have time to read all 400 replies, but it basically boils down to someone has to have something to bitch and complain about, because thats all their lives are about. It is so sad, really.

11. Casheti

Casheti New Member

Thanks Received:
  12. bassmasta Guest

you know what? parenting classes should be mandatory. if your wife gives birth, the couple should not be allowed to leave the hospital untill they take a class, and a refresher every three years. so should military service { even weekend reserves}. that would mean that two generations from, now, these people won't understand their grandparent's arguements

13. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I feel bad for the poor parents group. Thier children are going to grow up and probablly murder them due to thier lack of knowledge of guns. Mabye. I was raised with guns all over the place for hunting, sport, etc.. We should all be armed.

14. Thermopylae_480

Thermopylae_480 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Who's going to pay for that? The taxpayers? Not everyone can afford to take courses. I don't want to have to pay for others.

15. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I completely agree with you Thermo., as someone who lives in the States, I feel It's up to the individual to, well basically "survive". The reason this country came to be was because of taxation. People who live in a free society need to f'ing realize that it's not up to thier government to take care of them. I think the more people that realize that will get off of thier fat Oprah watching asses and do something to make thier lives better.

16. mandelore

mandelore New Member

Thanks Received:
    UK-small Village in a Valley Near Newcastle
    riiiiight.... and allowing kids in the USA to handle real guns wont do this?

this is so stupid, really. what about toy guns in shops with an aim on it? wont THAT help them aim a gun? for gods sake, its not the right weight, gives zero recoil.. and they think it will help them to use a real gun... lol

17. GSG-9

GSG-9

Thanks Received:
    Duckhunt=Nes=90s

regardless of facts though, if parents like this try to do anything, there will be an overwhelming number of people that will crush anything they say and send any attempt to stop the controller right into the ground, its been almost 20 yeas since we started having gun shaped controllers, there not going away, first person shooters are not going away, psychopaths are not going away either, but a gun shaped controller IS to enhance the realism of the game, Period.

18. Seany1212

Seany1212

Thanks Received:
    OMG, first time i used what resembelled a weapon was the lightgun, pwning terrorists in die hard trilogy :roll: and i just slaughtered 50 or 60 people.

on bioshock :roll::rockout:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2007
  19. KennyT772

KennyT772 New Member

Thanks Received:
    duckhunt came with the first nes i played, purchased in '88 for my older brother.

when i was 5 my grandpa gave me a piece of wood shaped like a gun sights and all. he told me if i can show him i know how to handle it as if it was a weapon he would get me a red ryder bbgun. at first i did what any 5 year old would do, let it lay around, fall over, whatever. once i was set strait (with the crack of a belt....) i started to learn how to properly handle a firearm. this was all done with a simple peice of wood. about 2 mo after my birthday i got that bbgun, then when i was 8 he bought me a 20ga shotgun that i still use to this day.

that right there is what america needs, not legislation, not parent groups, but some balls and a thick belt.

20. Thermopylae_480

Thermopylae_480 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Actually, I think they watch Judge Judy, and reality television.

21. Steevo

Steevo

Thanks Received:
    It cost $7.00 for me to get my hunting licanse. I'm sure anyone could affors that. And you are graded more on your ability to be safe than anything else. So I call bullshit.

10 Million points folded for TPU
  22. ex_reven New Member

Thanks Received:
    Every news article like this reminds me of how many retards are around me.

How does a piece of plastic shaped like a gun teach kids to aim?
    It doesnt have the weight, recoil or detailed features of a gun.
    Its no more effective in teaching a child to hold a gun than if the child were holding a pencil.

As for joining the NRA, maybe they would acknowledge that it in fact abbreviates to National Rifle Association - RIFLES - which to the retards having a cry about the controller is a long stick that shoots bullets further than the short stick that shoots bullets (pistol). The majority of NRA events whether range shooting or hunting events surely involve rifles 90% of the time (who goes hunting with a pistol :wtf:), rather than a wii plastic pistol that weighs and costs a fraction of a decent pistol.

It would have been far more appropriate for them to say it would include a firearms licence, but they being the ignorant people they are, choose to brand the NRA as it seems to constitute an evil organisation supporting violence and illegal activities.

23. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    I hunt groundhogs on my friend's horse farm with a handgun. (His Kimber Arms 1911) :D

24. bassmasta Guest

simple: if you get pregnant, you must start paying for the classes. if you can't afford, go on a payment plan, like $50 a month or something. if you refuse to pay, get an abortion or move to ethiopia. the kids there will have no problem showing your children proper weapon safety.

25. wazzledoozle

wazzledoozle New Member

Thanks Received:
    That wii attachment hardly looks like a gun...

But 20 years ago-
    [​IMG]