1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Path of Exile Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by jgunning, Jun 18, 2013.

1. jgunning

jgunning

Thanks Received:
    I had a look through the games thread and couldn't find any dedicated Path of Exile threads!
    So who plays?

What are you playing as? I play as the duellist at the moment and I'm quite loving it!
    Its a very decent game considering its free at the moment. I have another mate who plays it as well and we have had a fair few hours of fun out of it so far!

Look forward to hearing if anyone else plays it on TPU!! =)

J :toast:

2. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    I used to play it many months ago, did it not just go or about to go beta now ?. I hope the AI has improved much since i played but still glad i played it though.

jgunning says thanks.
  3. jgunning

jgunning

Thanks Received:
    It is in alpha stages at the moment, I have been playing it a fair bit and haven't had many bugs at all though!! You can pre-purchase the game now and buy into it for when the proper copy comes out, I don't think its far away from being released!! =)

:toast:

4. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    Well looked though my emails and it must of been another game i was thinking of.. Although beta starts December according tot heir site unless it's out of date.

Will have to try it again some time soon before they start closed beta's.

jgunning says thanks.
  5. Mindweaver

Mindweaver Moderato®™ Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    AsRock buddy you'll like it. It was my go to game when I wasn't playing D3. :toast: I've not played it in a couple of months, but it's a good game. When you get it installed you'll have to add me so we can loot some shit! :toast:

AsRock and jgunning say thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  6. jgunning

jgunning

Thanks Received:
    It is awesome!I still play it and love it! I'm the exact same!!When I'm not on D3 im on POE :rockout:

What do you play as mindweaver??

7. Mindweaver

Mindweaver Moderato®™ Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Yep it's Mindweaver. I'm updating it now. Send me a request and I'll add you. :toast:

jgunning says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  8. jgunning

jgunning

Thanks Received:
    I will add ya when I get home ;)

9. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    Yeah i already played it though to act 3 as that's what i was doing to when i was not playing D3 haha.

My account was AsRockTPU i do believe. I might see if i could give it another run..

EDIT:

Hope this makes you a little happier :).. Will have to copy it to the other system in case my wife wants to play again too lol.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 18, 2013
    Mindweaver and jgunning say thanks.
  10. Jaffakeik

Jaffakeik

Thanks Received:
    Played it when it come OB, played with marauder finished 1st difficulty and quit after that.Maybe someday will return to try it again, but not atm.Still I liked Passive skill tree and graphics was good,sometimes a bit laggy.

11. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    Well i found this under another email address and going by it it was already beta and it's going for the second phase

The Second Phase of Path of Exile's Open Beta: New four-month leagues starting this weekend!
    This week's 0.11.0 patch completely rebalances Path of Exile. It adds loot allocation, mini health bars and two new four-month leagues with difficult challenges. It's a great opportunity to start a new character and compete in a fresh economy! To learn more, please view the full announcement here.

New Leagues
    Everyone loves a new economy to play in, so we've added two. The Anarchy league contains hostile rogue exiles that roam Wraeclast and ambush players. The Onslaught league is a Hardcore league with increased monster movement, attack and cast speeds. Both new leagues contain exclusive new item types, Unique items and vendor recipes. These leagues last for four months, leading up to the full release of Path of Exile in October.

Challenges
    One of the most common requests we receive is for an achievement system. As an experiment, we're running a series of eight difficult challenges in the new leagues. We'll ship an exclusive T-shirt to players who complete these challenges before October 8!

Complete Rebalance
    Based on vast amounts of feedback and data, we've rebalanced many of the core game systems and have granted all characters a one-use full passive reset. Life passive skills are less necessary now and other defensive options such as Armour have been improved.

Path of Exile entered Open Beta in January and quickly reached 2.5 million users. We have been blown away by the quality of your feedback and generous support! We are hard at work on the full release of Path of Exile later this year.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/400347

Mindweaver and jgunning say thanks.
  12. jgunning

jgunning

Thanks Received:
    That sounds awesome!!Im currently playing in the anarchy league and its pretty good =)

Thanks man!Very useful to know all this!Might really change the game a fair bit!!

13. Jaffakeik

Jaffakeik

Thanks Received:
    If someone cares as a friend ingmae can add me aswell>> ArciksTPU, maybe will try it out later on who knows im lvl 34 marauder.

14. RCoon

RCoon Gaming Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    WAY-O, subbed. Level 57 duelist Rain of Arrows, level 68 Flicker strike/Multistrike/meleesplash/lifeleech-bloodmagic templar here!
    Called RCoon in game, just running maps for eternity.

15. jgunning

jgunning

Thanks Received:
    Sweet!!I will add you both. I have a lvl 25 duelist and a lvl 19 Templar. =)
    Cool as guys!

Getting a little TPU team going! :D

16. CrAsHnBuRnXp

CrAsHnBuRnXp

Thanks Received:
    I was under the impression PoE was F2P. Did this change?

17. jgunning

jgunning

Thanks Received:
    it is free to play at the moment because its in alpha stages. But you will have to buy the proper release when it comes out I believe.

18. CrAsHnBuRnXp

CrAsHnBuRnXp

Thanks Received:
    Was still under the impression that once the game is released its F2P. Gonna have to look into it now.

EDIT: They're using microtransactions. https://www.pathofexile.com/purchase its going to be F2P.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2013
  19. jgunning

jgunning

Thanks Received:
    Oh ok. You may well be right. =) That would be good to know either way though =)

20. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    Free to play it is but you might be required to buy a copy to play it once finished.

21. Jaffakeik

Jaffakeik

Thanks Received:
    Why u say its in alpha stage?As far i know its in Open beta stage or did i miss something?

22. jgunning

jgunning

Thanks Received:
    Cool :toast:

My bad..Nah I think you are right =P

Im now level 28 and act III!!! xD

23. jgunning

jgunning

Thanks Received:
    Level 32 as of this morning!!! On my second play through now! =)

pic [800x600].jpg

24. RCoon

RCoon Gaming Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Necro'ing this thread for personal gain. Been playing this quite religiously lately. Got to work on an Infernal Blow build with 7K single target DPS plus aoe damage. Level 74 Templar atm, this is my passive tree. Got myself a 5 link Marohi Erqi, Geofri's Crest 4L, Sin Trek 4L, around 4K HP and 8K armor. Need to get myself Immortal Call on Cast on Damage Taken and then my build is complete! Currently farming maps with my friend but we're looking for more people to join the map farming.
    Add me on Steam as RCoon, or in game as TheRCoon, give me a whisper when you're likely to join, lvl 66 and above maps so be prepared!
    Would also be kinda cool if we could get some trading going, so if there are any members who play that need some stuff, also PM me.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2014
    jgunning says thanks.
  25. jgunning

jgunning

Thanks Received:
    Cool as!!! I j ist added you on steam :)

RCoon says thanks.