1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Pay Best Buy $129.99 to setup gaming console.lol

Discussion in 'Games' started by CDdude55, Sep 20, 2009.

1. Metropolis

Metropolis New Member

Thanks Received:
    :eek: just wow lol

2. jmcslob

Thanks Received:
    Honestly how many people here have had to go over a family members house to do this for them.....I have
    Wow looks like im gonna start charging...LOL really i am

3. 95Viper

95Viper

Thanks Received:
    I believe you, I really, really do.

I hope you are not serious.

Edit: 'Cause it should have been at least 20% tip... $26 bucks

4. skylamer

skylamer

Thanks Received:
    AHaHAHAHA, nice offer :D:D:D:D:D

5. Crazybc

Crazybc New Member

Thanks Received:
    I wonder if they try to upsell them again once they get to the home. Oh you need these expensive HDMI cables and a expensive surge protector..

When i go into Bestbuy or Future shop I now go hey listen this is what I want all I want please get it for me now and I,m paying cash . I'm their worst nightmare as a customer for upselling anything too..

To be honest thats damn expensive but probably somewhat realistic with insurance, labour. auto costs and still making a profit. Its crazy isn't it.:twitch:

I always thought that Forums were the Best Tech support and agreat source of Knowledge :D

6. Triprift

Triprift

Thanks Received:
    Lol i could just imagine trying to charge my sister for some reason i dont think that would go down well. (dont know why :ohwell:)

7. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    it a sad day when people are incapable of plugging something in, even when most things come with instructions - some with color pictures!

95Viper says thanks.
  8. u2konline

u2konline

Thanks Received:
    Well that is silly.

9. KainXS

KainXS

Thanks Received:
    I hope I never work with you then panther, unless I can run faster than you XD

10. HookeyStreet

HookeyStreet Eat, sleep, game!

Thanks Received:
    The worst thing is, some poor mug will pay it because they will think setting it up themselves is too complicated (thanks to stores like that!) :(

11. pantherx12

pantherx12 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I doubt it Kainxs :p I'm not just called Panther cos I wear a lot of dark clothing he he

Speaking of retail shops mugging people off, my ex girlfriend took her Sony Vaio into a shop in Turin, Italy to be repaired ( I was in England at the time you see) and they said they couldn't repair it at all, but they backed up her data for 30 euros ( already a rip off)

A few months later when she bought her new laptop, I decided to take the ram and HDD out her old one, the ram to put in her new laptop and the HDD to make an external drive.

BOTH were gone!

Last edited: Sep 20, 2009
  12. audiotranceable

audiotranceable New Member

Thanks Received:
    that's nothing. I used to work in geek Squad in Lowermain Land (BC, Canada). We would charge customers $59.99 for a simple thing like changing the keyboard language settings, lots of customers run into that problem!

Also I remember someone paying 400 dollars to buy Windows XP Pro which is not in stock anymore. We had 2 legal copy's left & the customer actually paid us 400 for the OS + OS Install (99.99).:toast:

13. r9

r9

Thanks Received:
    I support this thing. I think any one dumb enough to call for some thing like this should be penalized with more than 130 $. Some thing like stone around the legs and deep deep water. :D

14. pantherx12

pantherx12 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I did think something long the lines of standing outside with a gun and just putting the people who buy this service out of their misery XD

15. happita

happita

Thanks Received:
    On a side story..

I ordered an Alpine head unit stereo for my car from C********. It had EVERYTHING supplied including a wiring harness. I asked the BB guy by car audio how much would take for it to get installed, and he said $55(which was decent), but then told me I had to buy a wiring harness THEY had. The guy told me the wiring harness that came with mine would not work which would make the total come out to $75. But I stressed that the harness I had was compatible, but he said I had to buy their harness :laugh: , I chuckled like this :laugh: and walked away from him. Got the installation done somewhere else for $60 flat, with MY HARNESS! YEA!!

16. Muhad

Muhad

Thanks Received:
    Geek Squad are idiots where I live.

17. Champ

Champ

Thanks Received:
    I was actually in BB yesterday and they had a nasty gaming PC setup. It had Vista Home Premium 64-bit, 9 GBs of DDR3, i7, GTX260, nice gaming chair, gaming keyboard and mouse, 2.1 surround and a 20" (i think) for a grand. Not bad. It honestly played games better than my PC does. Oh in an ASUS case (didn't know they made them).

Wait, here it is. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=9366642&type=product&id=1218092150864 Buddy lied to me about some of the stuff it came with.