1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Payday The Heist

Discussion in 'Games' started by RevengE, Sep 26, 2011.

1. Gas2100

Gas2100

Thanks Received:
    buyin this tomorow, add me on steam, whoevers up for a game: speedods

2. Recus

Recus

Thanks Received:
    If somebody says that game is good there's no need to argue why. You need to turn off your pink glasses. [​IMG]

In L4D you always been attacked by strong army of zombies. In P:tH you can camp in corner and have any damage and keep police 20 feet from you. AI doesn't exist. You can detect sniper by his laser. Dude in bomb-suit dealing with robbers - very logical. Maybe Sony didn't want that this game would also be called Modern Warfare 2 rip-off so they made bomb-suit guy extremely weak compared with Juggernaut.

I think United Kingdom/Greece bandits will like this game. They always wants everything for free, stealing everything. Or some poors raped in jail wants to revenge cops. [​IMG]

3. RevengE

RevengE

Thanks Received:
    :confused: Alrighty, This post just proved my point.

4. Animalpak

Animalpak

Thanks Received:
    stupid game, where is the brutality and violence ? Nice masks but nothing special to do...

5. FknFaZe New Member

Thanks Received:
    It was worth the money!
    Great game, but the gameplay is short
    8/10

6. Gas2100

Gas2100

Thanks Received:
    got 30 mins left on my DL, whos up for a game or 2?

7. Nesters New Member

Thanks Received:
    You could probably find a way in any game to beat AI in a stupid way. But you have to ask yourself whether it's about beating the game no matter what or having fun with friends by role-playing it a little? :D

8. mediasorcerer New Member

Thanks Received:
    im finding it a bit hard to get thru,not impossible but a bit tiring actually,however it was pretty cheap and is not bad value for what it is,might as well look on the bright side and appreciate we have something new to play anyhow.
    havent tried multi player but im in if anyone wants,im "mediasorcerer" on steam,.havent tried online yet ,may be better than single far as i know.

9. mlee49

mlee49

Thanks Received:
    Oh hai guys, I played this for a while. Enjoyed it, who all has this?

10. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    Holy crap! There's a HUGE secret in the First World Bank:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2013
    erocker and mlee49 say thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  11. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac

Thanks Received:
    Did he really say cock slapped? LOL

Two hr wait at lvl 145, no thank you. Treasure looks sweet though.

Been playing this a bit starting today and am liking it more than L4D, which isn't saying much I guess because I didn't really care for L4D. Ironically though I am curious as to how the No Mercy DLC ties into L4D, so I decided to get that too.

I am just playing solo with bots. Can someone tell me how to make your squad stay put after getting them to follow? Once when I aimed at one and tapped the action button my character told him to stay put, but since then I've not been able to.

Also, is there a way to set the money bags down when playing solo too, and why would you need to? When I do the world bank heist I never move slower after picking up the bags, so I don't see a reason to.

Lastly, does shooting the cameras really help much? So far I haven't shot any.

12. FordGT90Concept

Thanks Received:
    No Mercy is supposedly the event that caused the zombie outbreak. The PAYDAY gang was stealing the virus I think.

They never stay put, they always follow.

The money bags are all scripted. You pick them up, set them down, move them, etc. based on the current objective. Consider them vanity items because that's effectively what they are. The only bags you can put down are for ammo and health.

I don't know how much/little shooting camera's help.

Crunching for Team TPU
  13. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac

Thanks Received:
    Now that I think of it, I think those bags he was referring to in the vid where they holed up waiting for that 2 hr door drilling were ammo bags, one for each player. At that point of the vid he also said you have to conserve your ammo though, so I thought maybe they were money bags. Or do ammo bags only allow you to use them so many times?

I haven't used the ammo bags much, but I think I'm going to have to start. That damn bridge mission is a bitch at the end. Maybe I'm just pushing the pace too fast out of not knowing how far I have to go while the timer ticks down though.

I get to where the bus and plane are, with maybe 5 min left, and all hell breaks loose. I guess I just get the feeling they'll keep spawning waves of enemies in, which would make it kinda pointless to dig in somewhere.

I'm installing the DLC tonight and I'm hoping the Wolfpack will give me some more capable firepower. I mostly got it for the No Mercy mission though.

Oh, and I know the AI eventually go your direction, but in panicked moments with heavy waves I like to prompt them to move faster to stick near me. What's weird is some of them will say stick together, but then they don't always do that so well.

I just got the stay put command to happen again a bit earlier, but honestly I still don't know what triggers it.

14. FordGT90Concept

Thanks Received:
    I didn't pay close attention. If they were dark, they were ammo bags. If they were red, they were medic bags.

Ammo bags have limited uses. I don't remember how many specifically but it isn't very many.

I always take a medic bag and a friend of mine always takes ammo.

I think the problem with the Green Bridge is that the AI players fall far behind you. You have to go slow enough that they can keep up or else you'll get overwhelmed, go down, then instead of shooting, they focus on saving you meaning they'll go down too.

Green Bridge, No Mercy, Heat Street, and Undercover are the hardest. Undercover took us about five attempts to beat on Normal because of all the freakin' snipers. No Mercy took three human players.

The end of virtually all missions is an endless assault wave. In other words, camping doesn't make it easier. You'll run out of ammo, health, or both eventually. You have to push towards the exit as hard as you can without dying.

Pretty sure No Mercy is free for all those who already own the game. It opens the Support upgrade tree, Counterfeit map, and Undercover map.

The AI is rather stupid. It's really meant to be played with other humans.

It might just be a misleading voice over.

Crunching for Team TPU
  15. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac

Thanks Received:
    Well I made it to what appears to be the end of Green Bridge. Thought I had it there for a moment, and I didn't even deploy the ammo bag, but then they just kept coming. I mean wtf, do you have to survive the allotted time while at the end, kill a wave while there before another comes, or is it really an endless wave? Doesn't seem to make sense to me. There was a truck there but I saw no icon to open it or anything. They say at one point you need to get to a boat though, and there was only 2 min left, so maybe I was far from beating it.

Anyways what's working I find is if I backtrack a bit when they pop smoke and sneak around to their flank while my AI stooges distract them allowing me to get a lot of hat poppers. I have the combat shotgun now but since it's so short range it really only serves as an emergency backup, and as anyone who's played this game knows, too many emergency situations means you're not doing too well and will probably fail.

Playing with AI wouldn't be so bad if they'd let you play the maps after the first 3 on Easy vs Normal. As for med bags, I don't even see it as an option yet, or am I missing something? I'm only lvl 15 so far btw. Anyways, they picked a good name for their dev studio. LOL

(EDITED)
    I' must be blind. There was some stairs off to the right of the bridge right by that truck and I didn't even see them. Now I know I can make it through this mission solo. Is it correct that they don't allow Easy mode on the Green Bridge missions and beyond though? I don't see it as an option.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2012
  16. lyndonguitar

lyndonguitar I play games

Thanks Received:
    Good game, although I hate how the police just goes suicidal and shoots carelessly even if you take hostages, etc.

17. FordGT90Concept

Thanks Received:
    Pretty sure Easy is only available on Heat Streat and First World Bank.

Crunching for Team TPU
  18. manofthem

manofthem

Thanks Received:
    Crunching for Team TPU
  19. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac

Thanks Received:
    Yeah you're right. For some reason I thought Panic Room was available on Easy, but it must have been that I never saw the need to play that one on Easy. Anyways, it's a relief that I know where the end of Green Street is now, and I'm confident there's enough time to use careful tactics to get there.

BTW, does anyone else love the background music in the game and menu? I know it's kinda simple and cheesy B action movie type music, but I just find it kinda gritty and cool. I guess I would describe it as sorta Grindhouse, like something you would expect to hear in Planet Terror or Death Proof.

20. RevengE

RevengE

Thanks Received:
    I havent been really playing lately. Did they add new guns?

21. FordGT90Concept

Thanks Received:
    Wolfpack DLC does. It adds a fully automatic pistol, AK, grenade launcher, and deployable sentry gun with limited bullets.

Crunching for Team TPU
  22. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac

Thanks Received:
    The fully auto pistol sucks balls IMO, esp the fact that it's described as low recoil, but is actually fairly high recoil.

I tried Green Bridge again and decided to push forward quickly as soon as the plane made it's 2nd attempt to pick up the guy you break out. All was going well as we zig zagged our way along the bridge keeping our distance from smoke bombs.

When I got to the stairs there was still 9 min left. Then the shit hit the fan as a Taser cop and Bulldozer appeared one after the other on the stairs. I got through them unaided, but by then all my guys were either down or captured and I couldn't hold up on my own once they swarmed me.

When you play on Normal or higher with only AI squad mates, eventually your success catches up to you. There's always going to be tough times. I'll get it eventually. It's all about proper pacing.

23. Easy Rhino

Easy Rhino Linux Advocate

Thanks Received:
    i see a lot of people on my steam friends list playing this game. is it worth the $20 if you can find people to pay with? i refuse to play with random a-holes.

24. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    You'd lose if you did.

It's hard, requires teamwork, so that's the idea.

Also, if you aren't in for a challenge, don't bother. You're not likely to beat it often, with most maps having a less than 50% completion rate.

25. Easy Rhino

Easy Rhino Linux Advocate

Thanks Received:
    i certainly don't mine a challenging video game. it is the people i play with that i am most concerned about.