1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

PC-Beto

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by p0Pe, Dec 31, 2009.

1. p0Pe New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi tpu:) just registered on the site, and felt like sharing my latest mod with you. i am 21 years old, and comes from denmark, and have made a few mods before that i might post pics of sometime:)

hope you enjoy my newest mod!

PC-Beto

A big thanks goes out to the sponsors that have helped me out with hardware for this mod!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

lets jump right into it. as usual i am modding an old used case!

the inspiration?

[​IMG]

the case, and plans.
    im going to watercool the system with a 3*140 mm radiator in front, and two pumps. as seen on the pics, the case is devided in 2 sections. the frame is going to be powdercoated in matte black.

[​IMG]

this is some of the evelopment of the cad drawings i made. the big round one on the left is going to be a window.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and the finished drawings. the top drawings is going to be cut in folie, and the bottom one in green acrylic. since ac-ryan didnt reply on my mails, I found the same acrylic that they uses (for 1/4 the price) and will be using that.

[​IMG]

finished middle plate

[​IMG]

the middle plate is going to be bend around the frame, to give a smoother look

[​IMG]

the little room in the top will be sealed off, and most likely used for 2 harddrives.

[​IMG]

close up of the rad hole in the front

[​IMG]

on this pic, the folie looks quite thick, but it wont be

[​IMG]

the motherboard tray (yes, that old bucket have a removeable mobo tray!) is going to be made of 2 pieces of acrylic. black and green, and will look like this

[​IMG]

for pumps holders, i designed a bracket, that will fit on 140 mm fans to hold the ddc pumps. with rubber grommets, theese should reduce vibrations too, and the cold air from the fans will cool them down a bit.

[​IMG]

close up of the bracket.

hardware is yet to be decided. but for watercooling i will go for theese 2 for certain

2 ddc pumps
    HWLabs black ice gtx 420 radiator

soo.. hoped you enjoyd this little start of my new project though it almost only consists of renders. more WILL come. (already got a lil´ testplate cut out to play with;) )

-p0Pe

Last edited: Aug 11, 2010
  2. Jizzler

Jizzler

Thanks Received:
    Cool! :rockout:

I pretty sure I used to have that case... In-Win or Enlight? To give away my age, I had that case with two floppy drives. One external for custom boot floppies and the other in the hidden 3.5" bay on top with a write-protected fail-safe boot floppy ;)

p0Pe says thanks.
  3. Fourstaff

Fourstaff Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Awesome! And welcome to TPU, enjoy your stay!

p0Pe says thanks.
  4. DRDNA

DRDNA

Thanks Received:
    Pretty! Nice work you do there.!

p0Pe says thanks.
  5. Bo$$

Bo$$ Lab Extraordinaire

Thanks Received:
    wow, nice cad work :)

p0Pe says thanks.
  6. DrPepper

DrPepper The Doctor is in the house

Thanks Received:
    Sweet mother of christ that would be a badass pc.

7. p0Pe New Member

Thanks Received:
    thanks for the nice welcome all:)

another update:)
    Sponsored by
    CoolBits.dk & Noiseblocker.de
    First of all, thanks to Noiseblocker for sending me some fans to work with! More details and pictures about these fans can be found later on www.itrends.dk

I had to cut a lot of the case away, to make room for the massive HWLabs 420 mm radiator

[​IMG]
    This was the piece in the front that was cut off

[​IMG]
    I left a little ”hinge” for the radiator to support to, so the acrylic plate in front wasn’t carrying the whole thing alone.

[​IMG]
    This is the case in its VERY naked state. The little piece between the two sides on the front is going to be cut away too, since it’s visible through the front

[​IMG]
    And then there is this little piece, and again the piece described above

[​IMG]
    Rivets mutilated!

[​IMG]
    And then I went Mohawk with my dremel to Guns & roses on the mp3!

[​IMG]
    The cutout

[​IMG]
    I made a cut with a wide of 15.5 cm, since the radiator was written to be 15.3 on HWLabs hp. I discovered that it was in fact 15.4, so it was a tight fit!

[​IMG]
    The support for the motherboard tray was also removed, since it needed to be cut down to size.

[​IMG]
    Note all the dust and dirt… that’s where it sat lol

[​IMG]
    And here is the radiator passing through the middle plate again. I put two temperature sensors on the radiator, but these will most likely be moved to other places duo the fact that the radiator will be hot most of the time, and readings will then be flawed.

[​IMG]
    As planned is only two 5.25” bays available, and these are already cut down to size.

[​IMG]
    I got the first test plate cut out to see if everything was according to plan, and every single measurement was SPOT ON! The results of many hours of work with the ruler:D please note that this plate is ONLY for testing purpose. The finished plate will be cut in Green acrylic, and the foil will have more patterns, as you see in the drawings in update 1.

[​IMG]
    You can here see where I did the mounting of the front panel. These bolts will be cut down to size, and foil will be over the holes so you won’t be able to see this on the finished plate.

[​IMG]
    You can see on this pic, that the metal behind have not been cut yet.

[​IMG]
    And on these two you can see how the mounting will be done.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I changed the layout of the components a little bit, so that the psu stands vertically, with the pump/reservoir by its side. This makes the brackets I made for the 140 mm fans useless. But hey, at least they looked cool xD

[​IMG]
    This puny corsair psu will suffer the space for this one that will be in my mailbox today if everything goes well!

[​IMG]
    I am going to route the cables on a way that I don’t recall ever seeing on any modding forum, so this is what I am putting most of my time on at the moment! So stay tuned for that in future updates!

I also got a package from www.noiseblocker.de that was kind enough to send some of the ULTRA hot fans for this project! More pics of these will come later on! You guys should really check their site and products out.

[​IMG]
    As you can see of the picture of the giant radiator, I already got most of the water cooling gear from www.coolbits.dk ! Huge thanks for the support is appropriate.

The pump choice fell on a Laing ddc 3.2 18W pump.

[​IMG]
    Seconds later

[​IMG]
    And internals (flipped upside down)

[​IMG]
    Shortly after, the stock top was replaced with the EK V.2 top, along with a koolance male-male fitting, that allows me to put something on the pump :O what could that be :/
    This will later on be changed for a black bitspower version!

[​IMG]
    So what could I place above that pump? How about one of the Jon Lund reservoirs!

[​IMG]
    The black color is IMO spot on, and with the XFX green psu fan behind it, this will look DOPE!

[​IMG]
    Normally a Lund reservoir comes with a G3/8 inlet hole in the top, but he offered to make a custom reservoir for this mod, which needed to be a bit shorter, and have a longer inlet tube, so that the flow won’t go Mohawk in the res.

That’s all for this time fokes! Stay tuned for more:D but until then, happy newyear!

8. Bo$$

Bo$$ Lab Extraordinaire

Thanks Received:
    hot damn thats good, are you gonna poweder spray the internal metal too because it will look lame if you spent soo much time on the rest of it and left it at the last hurdle?

p0Pe says thanks.
  9. p0Pe New Member

Thanks Received:
    thanks!
    every detail will be covered:) im leaving nothing blank in this one. the frame is going to be powder coatet matte black:)

10. Bo$$

Bo$$ Lab Extraordinaire

Thanks Received:
    nice!

p0Pe says thanks.
  11. Fourstaff

Fourstaff Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    And I thought modding will become a little dull once zaam finishes his companion cube :D

p0Pe says thanks.
  12. Bo$$

Bo$$ Lab Extraordinaire

Thanks Received:
    yeah +1

p0Pe says thanks.
  13. DRDNA

DRDNA

Thanks Received:
    hey pOpe what would that case cost someone to buy from you?

p0Pe says thanks.
  14. Chicken Patty

Chicken Patty WCG Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    very nicely done so far, looking forward to the next update :toast:

p0Pe says thanks.
  15. MRCL

MRCL

Thanks Received:
    Very nice. VERY nice. You seem to have quite some modding experience, also judging from your DNA mod. I'll subscribe. This will be killer. Totally rad, dude! Alright enough of 80s talk now.

p0Pe says thanks.
  16. p0Pe New Member

Thanks Received:
    well thank you all!

hehe i have no idea. were anyone to buy it, they would have to come to me, beacuse im not putting it up to auction by myself :laugh:

if anyone is interested, this is my DnA mod
    http://www.techpowerup.com/gallery/2426.html

and this is how it looks now after i made the "DnA revisited" mod

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i made a change for the side window which are now going to look like this:

[​IMG]

took some pics of the fans noiseblocker sent me to test on this build

((NB)) pron!

XK2 & PK3

[​IMG]

PK3

[​IMG]

PK3´s versus HWLabs 420

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

multiframe

[​IMG]

and look at this bundle that comes with the PK series!!!

[​IMG]

also comes with an optional rubber band around the fan.

[​IMG]

more to come;) just mounted 2 of the 120 mm versions to a noctua something something cooler inside a antec p193, and it looks EVIL! cant wait to show you guys!

i will have another update ready for you soon;)

17. steelkane

steelkane New Member

Thanks Received:
    cnc mods are nice. just too easy to make look good, because of the cnc. also if I want to check out your Sponsor web sites I will go there on my own,, without your influence.

18. p0Pe New Member

Thanks Received:
    and if i wanted to read your comment, i will do it, without your influence.:wtf:

seriously... dude... there isnt a tiny bit of sense in that last part of your post. so please keep the bs out :shadedshu

my mods comes from ideas, and many hours of planning. and just beacuse its made with a cnc machine doesnt mean that i have done nothing myself:slap: my dremel still have plenty of work to do;)

19. DRDNA

DRDNA

Thanks Received:

Dude your work is excellent wether done on a CNC which most dont even know how to program, or if it was all done with a damn dremel..So hay bro your work is excellent and I believe you can make some money doing it !:toast:

p0Pe says thanks.
  20. p0Pe New Member

Thanks Received:
    thank you:p i almost cant wait to get going with the 2 square meters of acrylic that i have in the workshop :D

21. Hunt3r

Hunt3r

Thanks Received:
    this is auto cad 3d?

22. p0Pe New Member

Thanks Received:
    nope:) its made with the program Cinema 4D and then i exports them to .dxf files, and showes them into the lasercutter

23. p0Pe New Member

Thanks Received:
    Sooo, after a lot of measures, and hours in front of the computer i finally got the front plate cut out.

[​IMG]

My last attempt at bending the test front plate failed big time, so i used an akrylic bending machine. Say hello to Bender!

[​IMG]

Bender works by heating up a small area of the acrylic, and you can then put the acrylic into the 90 degree angle you see in the front of the machine.

[​IMG]

Cold water is running trough this thing, so that the plate cools down relatively fast.

[​IMG]

And KAZAM! Like a glove!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now, next machine to have a little quality time with is this one:

[​IMG]

It cuts the foil out, like a bunny on crack! I made a little vide wich you can see here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQbDg-VKU30

And here you see the foil. The middle is being cut in hand with a hobby knife.

[​IMG]

Can anyone guess which of the plates i am using for PC-Beto?

[​IMG]

Aplying the foil to the acrylic.

[​IMG]

And the sides got cut out, and foil was put on them too!

[​IMG]

And i had to cut the center out by hand.

[​IMG]

The hardest thing was the tiny letters in the pc-beto

[​IMG]

And the result!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And when put on the frame:

[​IMG]

And look at this tight bend;)

[​IMG]

The other side

[​IMG]

From the inside. Remember that the frame is going to be powder coated!

[​IMG]

And the new PSU plate that makes the psu stand vertically.

[​IMG]

Thats all for this time;) More will come, and i have a nice surprise stored for you! just need to get some parts home before i will share that:D

Ross211, Cuzza and Jizzler say thanks.
  24. Frick

Frick Fishfaced Nincompoop

Thanks Received:
    How did you cut the acrylic? Awesome mod! :)

p0Pe says thanks.
  25. MRCL

MRCL

Thanks Received:
    Woho, nice! That foil cutter is awesome. Altho I do think its a tad bit on the expensive site if you plan to buy it for private use :D

p0Pe says thanks.