1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

PC Dead Space 2 Killed Off- Report. :(

Discussion in 'Games' started by CDdude55, Feb 10, 2010.

1. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    http://www.gamespot.com/news/6249992.html?tag=latestheadlines;title;3

Well that sucks.

2. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    Yeah just read that myself, bum deal. Thought this was announced already on TPU yesterday as console only, but not sure.

:toast:

3. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    we dont need so many threads on the same topic, all filled with the same lies.

ALL that was reported was that the PC version will not launch at the same time as the console versions. that's it.

4. assaulter_99

assaulter_99

Thanks Received:
    lol. Just like the saboteur, never had a pc release date but shipped with its console counterparts. Let's just stop being paranoid! :laugh:

5. Mussels

Thanks Received:
    they probably learned from last time, with the massive f*ckups with deadspace's controls and the Vsync issues

6. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    If a rep stated that, then i don't see why it would be a lie. Sure it says it's not on the plan right now, but that doesn't indicate that they plan to ever release a PC version. Not to mention the PC version being the lowest in sales(yes not counting Steam, we know) and the fact that the first Dead Space was launched for the Consoles first, but only by a mere couple of days before the PC release, if they wanted to follow that same trend that has given them great sales(over 1 million copies in under two months), i don't think they would be talking about how a PC version is not in the plan. Now yes of course the release of Dead Space 2 is still some ways off, and there is much room for a PC release. But theirs a lot working against it, it's almost silly to be expecting a PC release imediatly after the Console/handheld release.

As of now its:

7. Mussels

Thanks Received:
    just because its not in the plan now, doesnt mean its not in the plan period. lots of PC ports come out a fair while later.. look at the GTA games.

8. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    True. But with EA, and the mild sales on PC, i wouldn't be surprised if they decided to skip the platform all together. Rockstar knows anyone will suck that game up within an inch of it(with its uber mainstream appeal), not so much with Dead Space. Why waste the resources.

But ya, they could pull a GTA and just pull a PC version out there ass to get a reaction. But lets just hope it doesn't end up like the first with the shitty mouse lag and other assorted problems associated with a bad console port.

9. Mussels

Thanks Received:
    what i'm thinking, is that they'll wait longer (next financial year/christmas period) so that they can drag the sales out. hell, they could even re-release it as a special edition with bonus content, allowing them yet another round of console sales.

10. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    Sounds pretty good.:), that would be definitely a good route to take to push the PC sales and really show us that they care about making a good version of the game for us PC gamers.

11. Champ

Champ

Thanks Received:
    No, EA has something against PCs. That's why they stopped releasing Madden and I heard they want to stop making FIFA. I truly believe that they will stop supporting PCs all together.

12. assaulter_99

assaulter_99

Thanks Received:
    I beg to differ, like any business minded company, they will want to make a maximum amount of sales from their games. Games like madden, fifa or other sporting games are another matter, cause they think its better on a tv, with friends around, they are mainly console games in general (that's why they stopped caring) Anyways, as long as we have Bad company 2 from them, I'll be pleased. ;)

13. BraveSoul

Thanks Received:
    scaring me here,, cant wait for Dead Space 2

14. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    I have no reason to question the accuracy of this. As mentioned, it only had 40,000 sales. It is not a viable product so financially, it makes no sense to develop nor publish it for PC.

CDdude55 says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  15. assaulter_99

assaulter_99

Thanks Received:
    40,000 sales and god knows how many more digital copies that aren't accounted for. Still money in there, me thinks. ;)

16. Mussels

Thanks Received:
    agreed. i wonder if they're including steam sales in those figures, or just retail.

17. Animalpak

Animalpak

Thanks Received:
    I dont wanna say this but, exclusivity is a sort of racism.

18. IRQ Conflict

Thanks Received:
    I bought the first Dead Space for the PC. Unimpressed. Won't be buying the next. Give it to the console guy's. They like cheap graphics and poor controls.

19. assaulter_99

assaulter_99

Thanks Received:
    I think the bad controls made the game more thrilling, cause you were never sure if you'd make the next room ;) Anyways its a bit right, cause the guy wasn't a cold blooded killer, assassin or merc, he was just an engineer or some kind of, so he ain't supposed to be easy to control ;)

20. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    It says "retail" and "domestic." Domestic means USA and retail means boxed copy purchased from a store. EA has the figures from digital download sources and I'm sure they are equally poor.

Crunching for Team TPU
  21. Champ

Champ

Thanks Received:
    I was really interested in Dante's Inferno and EA said no to the PC release:shadedshu

22. Hayder_Master

Hayder_Master

Thanks Received:
    noooo, im love this game please EA put it on pc

23. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    Don't Forget TW PGA too.

Maybe you will get Dead Space 2 on browser like PGA 2011 for PC LOL.

http://www.pcworld.idg.com.au/article/333521/ea_sticking_tiger_woods_2011_ditching_pc

24. keling New Member

Thanks Received:
    Dead Space 2 not coming to the PC?:cry: I remembered a particular Lucas Art guy once said that Star Wars The Force Unleashed would never set foot on the PC. :confused:I was truly surprised to see a Sith Edition for the PC 2 years later, albeit along with the trailer of a sequel that PC gamers definitely won't be playing until 2 later after that....hopefully. Much like Halo n Halo 2. Let's hope it's not another Halo 3 and abandoned the PC altogether. About the controls in Dead Space - I was torn between praises and profanities. It was a refreshing experience but come on - I'm using a mouse and I shouldn't be limited by another game platforms' limitation. :ohwell:, at least it's not RE4:banghead:

25. Bjorn_Of_Iceland

Bjorn_Of_Iceland

Thanks Received:
    I had the first one... did not even cared to finish the game.. too repetetive and just uses cheap loud sounds to scare off. Would care less if they publish it to pc or not