1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

PC version of Batman Arkham City Delayed till November.

Discussion in 'Games' started by CDdude55, Oct 17, 2011.

1. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/09/20/bata-clang-batman-arkham-city-pc-version-delayed-until-november/
    http://www.joystiq.com/2011/09/20/batman-arkham-city-pc-delayed-until-november/

[​IMG]
  2. kenkickr

kenkickr

Thanks Received:
    Just checked at gamestop and they say 11/15 :( Really sucks!
    Crunching for Team TPU
  3. Kwod New Member

Thanks Received:
    As long as it works{see Rage}
  4. Champ

Champ

Thanks Received:
    i just got the first one on 360 and its one of the baddest (as in good) games I've played period. I'm getting the next on my next gaming rig.
  5. Animalpak

Animalpak

Thanks Received:
    oh no damn it !
  6. Frick

Frick Fishfaced Nincompoop

Thanks Received:
    Meh, AA was one of the most overrated games I've ever played (this coming from a giant Batman fan).
  7. Bo$$

Bo$$

Thanks Received:
    really? i thought it was under rated, it was fucking amazing in every aspect
    Crunching for Team TPU
  8. InnocentCriminal

InnocentCriminal Resident Grammar Amender

Thanks Received:
    :(
  9. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    You are the only person I have ever heard say that. I'm not a huge Batman fan and that game really impressed me. Especially comparing it to most other comic book games. But as a game in the Action Genre it held it's own.

I think I have yet to see you not complain about a game. You seem like a glass is completely empty kind of guy, I'm actually surprised to hear you say you like anything at all.
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2011
  10. InnocentCriminal

InnocentCriminal Resident Grammar Amender

Thanks Received:
    2nd!

I was told but a few folks that it worth picking up, I did and I enjoyed every minute of it. I'll definitely be picking up Arkham City.
  11. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    Good this means they will have time to make sure everything is working as it should be and it gives me time as i will be buying some other games first.

Arkham Asylum was a good game, it certainly had some interesting gameplay elements and a passable storyline which fit into the Batman universe perfectly. The new game just looks to refine those gameplay elements and improve on the story, by adding in more Batman lore.
  12. Captain.Abrecan

Captain.Abrecan New Member

Thanks Received:
    It might be because not all batman fans are comic book fans. It seems impossible to dis-entangle the two, but that is the way I see it. I love batman to death, but I friggin hate comic books. I hate them so goddamn much. I always got rare batman comics for my birthday from family, I remember having to sit there and say "OH how wonderful" *violent toss*

But, in regards to OP, that sucks. Maybe this is how the publishers are going to push out PC gaming. Hard to boycott publishers when they don't make PC games for you to boycott.
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2011
  13. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    I think it's just more of, Frick is not a fan of anything.... ever :laugh:

I personally always liked comics, have a good amount. But I like the movies as well, I don't mind if they go off the comic storyline, as long as they do a good job and it still ties in with the original storyline and makes some sense, or seems plausible. I know some fans get upset if it isn't the exact same, but I already read and know the comic storyline, if it was the exact same, I probably wouldn't be interested it going as I know everything to a T.
  14. Captain.Abrecan

Captain.Abrecan New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well at least someone enjoyed them. I never got the point of it, they took about 10 minutes to read, and there was never any real plot. They cost money too, I still can't believe that someone managed to monetize a stapled stack of framed drawings with text bubbles all over them. They always seemed like a filthy perversion of what I thought was the real storyline.

I didn't like AA at all, there was too much comic-book reference for me. The game didn't stand on it's own without it, so it was really empty to me.
  15. Animalpak

Animalpak

Thanks Received:
    I loved the boss and characters of Arkaham asylum, about story and gameplay nothing new is a simple beat em up, hope this will contain the same highlights of the first
  16. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Comics have great storylines, but the span a long time. I think AA was a fine game discounting the storyline, the combat was great, the setting was great, modes were great (i had the most fun in the bonus modes fighting endless waves of baddies), graphics were great. All of those facets were on par if not better than most of it's competitors, and the storyline was great too, fit well with Batman, but also put some new things out there, which is what I usually like, fits well, but does leave some nice surprises. He is a comic book character, if you like the style of game but don't want much comic reference, something like like GoW might be more up your alley.
  17. 20mmrain

20mmrain

Thanks Received:
    I thought AA was not only a great game but one of my most favorites in the past 2 or 3 years. I thought the story was great along with the game play was well done. I thought the PhysX in that game was great and fit in the game well. The combat was awesome..... well shit I just thought it was a great game all together.
    So I am hoping that Batman AC will be just as good. I was pretty upset to hear it was postponed until November. But if it means making the game have as better experience while playing I am all for it!
  18. puma99dk|

puma99dk|

Thanks Received:
    :/ that's bad i really wanna try Arkham City
  19. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    i'm starting to think i just don't like action adventure games. i have been trying to think of ones i liked, but they all fall under different categories. both AA and GoW i see as polished, monied, quality - boring ass games. I never thought much of it, but the more i think about it, i must not like action-adventure games in general. There's not much specific i can say, except they just seem so stale, so static and boring - like shooters on rails without good shooting.

I'm not talking crap about the game. i recognize it is of quality and a lot of people think it's great, that's enough for me to recognize that it's my own opinion - but i'm curious now as to WHY i don't like those games.

anyway, i will probably buy AC in 2012, with a small deal after i've moved on from bf3, skyrim, etc.
    1Kurgan1 says thanks.
  20. DannibusX

DannibusX

Thanks Received:
    I really, really enjoyed Batman: AA. If a delay makes the PC version better, cool.
  21. catnipkiller

catnipkiller

Thanks Received:
    is the first game worth playing?
  22. Kwod New Member

Thanks Received:
    AC is supposed to be 5x bigger than AA....
  23. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    I didn't get enough seat time with AA to really judge. But speak about GoW, I played the 1st one through twice, beat all of the Challenge of the Gods, and beat the 2nd one 1 time and beat all of the Challenge of the Titans, haven't made it to 3 yet. Even playing those older titles on my PS3, the storyline is what did it. A moral becoming a god, then getting thrown into hell, but climbing back out to have his revenge on the gods, riding on the back of Titans. The scenery, the story, the character, just insanely epic feelings I get playing that game. It is linear, it's a bit of a button masher, but it mixes in puzzles with all of the other things I already mentioned. I'm usually the guy who hits next next next and skips storyline crap, but GoW, I just soak it all in.

What you want to remember now is, AC is an open city (or at least as far as I know). So it's a huge leap forward for the game, look forward to feeling more like a real Batman, than a bat in a cage. Adding a free roam environment should really make the game amazing, and you might not feel so locked in gliding around as Batman in an open city while you glide down and kick baddies in the facial region.

If you like Action Adventure games, you can't go wrong, it's one of the better ones out there.
  24. BumbleBee

BumbleBee

Thanks Received:
    I will be going to a midnight launch tonight. I plan to pick it up on PC too because it uses GFWL so double the achievements!
    DannibusX says thanks.
  25. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    really, as stupid as it sounds i didn't think of that. batman in a full city surely sounds more enjoyable than the cramped asylum. :) cool...