1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

PC wont boot into WINDOWS/help a pig in need!

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by oinkypig, Jul 30, 2007.

1. oinkypig

oinkypig

Thanks Received:
    Ok, so the other day i was starting my pc up, and it gave me an error "A disk error occurred." I spent all day fixing it, running a bunch of crap on it. (recovery mode, seatools hdd test, ect.) it happened to be a currupt boot.ini file. so i rebuilt the file, but i had made 3 other boot.ini files on accident. i edited the file cutting out the other 2 window boots and I shut my pc down. Next day came around, started up my pc and this time i dont even get an error. I am in an everlasting loop of my computer restarting. I cant even get the windows screen. after the ASUS COMP. screen pops up everything turns black and it reboots. Ive run CHDSK a bunch of times, fixboot, seatools, and tried rebuilding the boot.ini file. i have had NO luck whatsoever with it so now I am coming to the trusty folks here.
    So heres my problem
    1. A disk error
    2. rebuilt boot.ini (pc started up fine)
    3. edited & deleted other boots from boot.ini file
    4. shut down pc
    5. continuous rebooting loop
    6. HELP
    Please help me out with this one. THX FOR REPLIES!
    right now im gonna get the hdd out and put it in my other pc to see if it is detected and maybe modify the boot.ini file. Where is it located-c:/windows or c:/windows/system32?

2. oinkypig

oinkypig

Thanks Received:
    ok ive made some progress. i did a non destructive reinstallation of windows xp and now when my pc can get onto the windows splash screen, but then a BSOD apperas for a spit second and my pc reboots. i cant boot into safe mode(it restarts) and i cant see the letters and numbers on the blue screen cuz it goes by so fast. HELP

3. panchoman

panchoman Sold my stars!

Thanks Received:
    try getting what the bsod said. here are my suspects: 1. RAM is bad, thus causing corruption when you're trying to write the boot.ini files, etc. bad ram also causes bsods. 2. hard drive, it could just be a bad sector on your hard drive, but then again, you ran seatools, did it find any bad sectors?

4. DRDNA

DRDNA

Thanks Received:
    Boot back into safe mode and then system restore to a point in time that the issues were not present ...programs/accessories/system tools /system restore

5. oinkypig

oinkypig

Thanks Received:
    the numbers on the blue screen start out with 0x0000007B
    i ran seatools, but no errors came up whatsoever. also it will not boot into safe mode, and i deactivated restore point anyways. so now im gonna try runnign chkdsk, fixboot, fixmbr, and rebuild the boot.ini