• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

PC Won't Boot With PCI Wireless Card

SwagBlow

Short and sweet... just plugged in the PCI card, PC won't boot. Doesn't even post, just sits there with slow fans. I already installed drivers and it told me to shut down and install the card and then power up (which is the way you're supposed to do it with this card) Obviously, that's not happening :(

EDIT: It's booted, and Windows has detected new hardware.. but the f*****g software for the card itself doesn't have a clue it's there, and Windows says there's no drivers installed for it even though the drivers I installed match the model number written on the card TO THE LETTER :|

Argh, what the hell?

Last edited:

streetfighter 2

Start->run->"devmgmt.msc"->Press enter

1) Are there any unknown devices?
  • If yes, try double clicking on it and doing an auto install. Post results.
2) Check under Network Adapters and look for any that aren't working
  • If you find one that isn't working whats it's "Device status"?

SwagBlow

Start->run->"devmgmt.msc"->Press enter

1) Are there any unknown devices?
  • If yes, try double clicking on it and doing an auto install. Post results.
2) Check under Network Adapters and look for any that aren't working
  • If you find one that isn't working whats it's "Device status"?

Auto install says it can't find any drivers for it... shitty Windows thing never does (this is XP by the way)

And there was one Unknown that was a question mark under Network Adapters... but the status said it was okay

System Name SYS-1//SYS-2//SYS-3//SYS-4
Processor AMD FX-8350//AMD FX-8350//AMD X6 1090T //AMD FX-8350
Motherboard Biostar TA990FXE//Gigabyte 990FX-G//MSI 890GXM-G65//ASUS M5A99FX Pro 2.0
Cooling ZEROtherm Nirvana//Corsair H-110i//AMD PII Cooler//AMD CL Water Cooler
Memory REDLINE 1866 (4X4g)//REDLINE 2133 (4X4g)//Geil (4x2g)//AMD R9 G 2400 (4x4g)
Video Card(s) XFX R9 270 (CF)//R9 270x(CF) Devil's//XFX HD7870//R9 270X(CF) Devil's
Storage Corsair ForceIII GS-360 //Samsung 850-Pro//Samsung 840-Pro//Hyper-X Savage 480
Display(s) Samsung 214T 21.3" LCD//BENQ G2400WD 24" LCD
Case SIGMA LUNA//Corsair 650D //Silverstone SG-01//Cooler Master HAF-XB
Audio Device(s) X-FI Fatality Pro//Sound Blaster Z//Sound Blaster Z//Sound Blaster Z
Power Supply Corsair HX620W//Corsair HX850i//Corsair HX620//Corsair HX 750
Mouse Logitech G9x // Logitech MX-518
Keyboard Corsair Strafe//HyperX Alloy Elite
Software Win 7 Ult-64 In Them All
Did you try it in another pci slot??

SwagBlow

Auto install says it can't find any drivers for it... shitty Windows thing never does (this is XP by the way)

And there was one Unknown that was a question mark under Network Adapters... but the status said it was okay

I then got it to boot COMPLETELY randomly, and installed some different drivers for it which seem to work (and weirdly enough are NOTHING to do with Belkin at all), but it won't connect to anything. It just says "acquiring network address" to every network...

I managed to find one which was open called BTOpenAccess or something, I'm guessing it's something they're providing for people who are getting the new fibre optic upgrade and need internet in the meantime, but then when I connected to it my entire PC froze and I had to restart

What?!