1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

PDF's

Discussion in 'General Software' started by ShadowFold, Jun 24, 2009.

1. ShadowFold

ShadowFold New Member

Thanks Received:
    What's the easiest way to read PDF's. I don't want that foxit crap, I don't want adobe's BS. I just want something light that will open PDF's.

2. troyrae360

troyrae360 New Member

Thanks Received:
    cute pdf will do it and its free, I dont see why you dont just download adobe

3. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    Adobe is bloated with its automatic updaters and all that jazz that just pisses everyone off.

I think my favorite PDF editor/viewer was found in WordPerfect 10. :wtf: I haven't used it in years though so I wouldn't go buying it just for that.

Crunching for Team TPU
  4. lemonadesoda

lemonadesoda

Thanks Received:
    Adobe Acrobat READER 9.1 is by far the BEST PDF reader out there. You can turn off the updaters. I agree that it is "heavy" but it is much better than previous versions.

Acrobat WRITER is another matter. It manages to screw up any machine it is installed on. So...

For creating PDF files, I use cutePDF which is free and very good and handles all fonts. (Some free PDF tools dont handle OTF or postscript fonts properly).

5. Polarman

Polarman New Member

Thanks Received:
    +1

I turn off automatic updates for all software that uses this function. You can also use these to make your own PDF's:

2007 Microsoft Office Add-in: Microsoft Save as PDF

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...3c-6d89-4f15-991b-63b07ba5f2e5&displaylang=en

Or use Open Office Export to PDF feature.