1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Perspex and wood case project.

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by mediasorcerer, Oct 4, 2012.

1. drdeathx

drdeathx

Thanks Received:
    Spreading tim gives the worst results. The pea method gives the best. It has been proven over and over....

Jetster and MT Alex say thanks.
  2. m1dg3t

m1dg3t

Thanks Received:
    Great design/build! Very logical IMO :rockout:

mediasorcerer says thanks.
  3. mediasorcerer New Member

Thanks Received:

Can you show us this proof please,
    from what iv'e seen, results can vary any way you do it, i'd rather know that the tim is covering all surface area, cant be sure of that with pea method.

4. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    Norton and mediasorcerer say thanks.
  5. mediasorcerer New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yeh, the great tim applications wars hehe!!

Thanx alex, il git it finished one day soon, had a lot on lately.

6. EiSFX

Thanks Received:
    most of the time the way you apply the TIM only results in a 1 or 2 degree difference sometimes not even a full degree which usaully falls within the margin of error. the way i see it is the only bad thing/result is when you use too much TIM but how you apply it dosen't matter as the differences is small and like is i said already falls in the margin of error

7. mediasorcerer New Member

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG][/IMG]Doing a bit more work on this project, these pics will give you an idea of how its coming along, bear in mind its a proof of concept rather than aiming at perfection, if it works out, il build another one better, but [​IMG][/IMG]d so far so good already, just really trying to get some sort of sophistication into the style, if i dont fully succeed this time, i will next one i make.yep!!:)

MT Alex says thanks.
  8. Jetster

Jetster

Thanks Received:
  9. mediasorcerer New Member

Thanks Received:
    fair enough^, already seen it a while ago, il try pea method next time .
    maybe,cant argue with results tho, and i get good results.consistently.

10. Jetster

Jetster

Thanks Received:
    Personaly I dont think its a big deal. The only way you can really screw up is to get it all over your board

11. mediasorcerer New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hope im not being a post hog, but i have a few more pics of the radiator cutout i did last night, and i think the case is looking quite smooth the style of it, have a geezer at it if it behooves you.

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

You know what, i love the way i can see all the components and when the leds shine on the sides at night it looks unreal, i will incorporate some leds into the design , still have to put on/off switch and mount cd drive down the bottom and route cables and fans too etc, wth, i like it anywas, its different and unique and has some sophistication and style already, whats wrong with that i ask?:);):toast:

12. mediasorcerer New Member

Thanks Received:
    I will use the pea method next time, thanx for input too, its appreciated by me.:toast:

13. Arrakis+9

Arrakis+9

Thanks Received:
    Just a word of advice, that gamefirst software is utter shit, it worked fine for me the first couple weeks after installing it then it started dropping my connections in rift and ventrilo, i wondered for a couple of days what was causing the issues until i decided to uninstall the software and all of my troubles went away.

Back on topic though, your mod is looking great - you should think about sleeving the wires individually for + 1 on looks :)

May i also recommend making an acrylic L bracket for holding the video card in place with some screws, that would keep it from wobbling

14. mediasorcerer New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi Arrakis , i wondered about the gamefirst too funny you mention that:toast:, it looks pretty crappy actually, on the other asus board i had it had a network boost that was incorporated into the ai suite etc, that seemed better and more practical, i may uninstall it on your advice i think. thats a good idea of the sleeving too, never done that b4, is it hard to do or get?

Just a small update , not finished yet but thinking of some fans in the case, so far, its rather quiet and is not getting hot really at all, ambients are pretty normal so far, with a fan or two it should make it even better, and a second fan on the rad too will help a bit..

Im going to build a second one after i finish this and take a bit more time and care, and use all the parts off this for a template, i will uyse blue/red coloured perspex for the rectangular side pieces with 2 clear pieces on the sides as you see it etc,

its funny, when i boot it up, it sounds a bit like a turbine or race car hehe not loud, just a cool kinda sound etc, heres a few pics of ideas for front/top/side fans , i have a few to choose from luckily!!!

not the best quality pics sorry for that, chitty mob ph:toast:

ps, thanx tpu for op to show my idea here, and for inspirational place to visit and participate in!!:)

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

I cant wait to get some leds happening too in this case, it looks really good at night the whole side glows with blue and red, jeez, just got to get the time to finish it tho lol.:D:laugh:

Got to get the damn dvd drive in below the front fan too, that should be fun hehe!!!

Huddo93 and Jetster say thanks.
  15. Arrakis+9

Arrakis+9

Thanks Received:
    sleeving all of the cables isnt very hard, its getting the connectors off the cables that's really the only difficult part, most people will buy para cord off ebay because of how cheap it is and really putting that little bit of extra time in it can really make the inside of the case shine with how tidy everything looks

here's an example of what im talking about, but more obviously in the colors you want :p
    [​IMG]

16. mediasorcerer New Member

Thanks Received:
    wow man, that looks very cool, thanx for the tip,^il do that when funds permit, post more pics when ive installed the fans, just bought a coping saw today to get it done,