1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

[Petition] Crysis 3 PC Focus

Discussion in 'Games' started by Talon_257, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Talon_257 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have created a petition that started over at the official Crytek forums to get some support to have a PC-focused/exclusive development with Crysis 3. Many of us were disappointed by Crysis 2 and hope to have a better experience with the next title.

If you agree, sign here: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/Crysis-3-PC/

An in depth explanation for the benefits of PC-heavy development can be found via. that petition letter or in my original post here: http://www.mycrysis.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=23869

That is all, any comments and concerns and I will gladly answer them! :)
  2. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    they sold out, plain and simple. the third will be even worse.

i'm just going to take this one as a lesson, and stay away from Crytek.
    Virus-j, El_Mayo, yogurt_21 and 2 others say thanks.
  3. Loosenut

Loosenut

Thanks Received:
    Good luck Talon with your endeavor. I can't/won't speak for anybody else on this forum but Crytek and EA have lost me as a customer after the Crysis 2 fiasco.

Best of luck :toast:

EDIT: Sorry, I forgot, Welcome to TPU
  4. erixx

erixx

Thanks Received:
    Please make a petition to remove totally that fuckin nanosuit!!!! Magic powers is boring, Heros are boooooring Aliens are also boring, so are insects, spiders etxxxx.....

Welcome to TPU ;)
  5. Talon_257 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for the warm introduction. :)

I know what you guys mean, I luckily stayed away from Crysis 2 after purchasing all their prior games back to Far Cry in 2004. I am just hoping that they can recover with their next game development.
  6. AltecV1

AltecV1 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Just except that crytek is moved on to make shitty console games! Its sad but a petition isn't going do change anything.
  7. random

random

Thanks Received:
    Crytek is with EA, I don't think that is an option.
  8. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I could care less about Crysis. Sure the first looked good and ate hardware for breakfast, but I don't need it. Let them sell whatever they think will make them money.
    TheMailMan78 says thanks.
  9. RejZoR

RejZoR

Thanks Received:
    Crysis 1 was a good game, Crytek f**ked up the second one, i won't be buying the third one...
  10. tigger

tigger I'm the only one

Thanks Received:
    The best crytek game as far as i am concerned, is farcry. I think this game had the most effect on the gaming world, i still play it sometimes, still looks pretty good.
  11. Kreij

Kreij Senior Monkey Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Best wishes with the petition, Talon.

Crytek made a decision based on perceived return on investment ... as they should, they are a business.

You as a consumer make a decision based on your perception of the game ... as you should, it's your money.

All is well in free market land. :)
    dustyshiv says thanks.
  12. D4S4

D4S4

Thanks Received:
    crytek games are before anything, tech demos. i played far cry because it looked awesome (and was an lame excuse to get some new hardware), i played crysis because it looked even more awesome and you could blow up shacks.

now i'm waiting for half life and something with physics on the level of ageia tech demos (before they were bought by nvidia) to have an excuse (again, lame one) for new hardware.

except when everyone starts basing their decisions on perceived return on investment. :shadedshu
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2011
  13. newtekie1

newtekie1 Semi-Retired Folder

Thanks Received:
    I learned that with FarCry2.:shadedshu
    digibucc says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU More than 25k PPD
  14. Animalpak

Animalpak

Thanks Received:
    The story line is very repeatitive, this game take the CONSOLE DISEASE !!!
  15. Nick259

Nick259

Thanks Received:
    Far Cry 2 was developed by Ubisoft not Crytek.

I was a bit dissapointed by the change of setting in crysis 2 and most of all the lack of continuity regarding the story however I still very much enjoyed the game. I would like to hear some people's reasons as to why they sold out to consoles other than because it was released on console. From what i can see the graphics are still to a high stabdard, the game is long and although it is more linear than crysis 1 it is still branches off in parts and you can have multiple approach routes. Half life 2 is rated as one of the best pc games of all time yet is incredibly linear. I do agree that crysis 1 was much more of a 'pc game' and open than crysis 2 but I fail to see how they completely sold out?

EDIT: And yes I do ackknowledge the fact that the game shipped with dx9 only and there was no sandbox 3 which is obvoisuly not ideal and it's clear by the ommission of these features that the game was rushed out to meet a deadline set by EA however dx11 support is being added and sandbox is being released this summer so they imo haven't betrayed the pc community.
  16. Kreij

Thanks Received:
    They have to do that, D4, or they will not be in business to make the next game.
    Ideology does not pay the bills, especially in the current economy.
  17. MatTheCat New Member

Thanks Received:
    Ok, you already covered the fact that the game is DX9 only. A big twos up to PC gamers for a start.

Also Cryengine 3 is capable of much better destruction physics than Cryengine 2, but where was it? It aint in the game, cos the consoles wouldnt be able to cope with it and give acceptable performance. The main feature that made Crysis unique was the advent of true destructable environments....yet they have gone and taken it out!

Crysis 2 is just a lame CoD clone. Hand lead linear shit with crappy boring AI (some linear shooters in the past such as FEAR have been amazing on the strength of brilliant gun battles with AI, Crysis 2 does not offer this). A huge step back from the original. I would even say it is a huge step back from Far Cry (PC).

As a (fairly) mature gamer who has seen it all before, I dont need to see anymore run of the mill bog standard hand lead shooters like Crysis 2, CoD BLOPS, Bulletstorm etc etc etc.
  18. Talon_257 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well so far the "percieved return on investment" hasn't been working too well for Crytek. ^-^

Crysis 2 is about 1.2 mil into sales and they are stopping very quickly. Crysis 1 sold over 3.5 million physical copies and then you have digital sales which net 3x the profit of a single console retail sale.

^I outlined this in my explanation. :)

And I also agree, Far Cry was the best Crytek game. :) Good nostalgia with that one. :p
  19. MatTheCat New Member

Thanks Received:
    1.2 million sales on PC?

Or 1.2 million sales across all platforms?

If it is the latter, then LOL! :roll:
  20. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]
    Lionheart and garyinhere say thanks.
  21. Kreij

Thanks Received:
    Really? From what I can find, Crysis 2 cost 22 million to produce.
    1.2 million sales * $60 is $72 million
    A potential net profit of about $50 million dollars.

Looks pretty profitable to me.
  22. Loosenut

Loosenut

Thanks Received:
    Might not be that much as I got mine on pre-order last april(2010) for $29.99. How many other people like me did the same thing?

Besides, they might need all this extra coin to offset the possible loses on their next release...
  23. Kreij

Thanks Received:
    True, loose, I'm just saying that Crysis 2 may have been a profitable venture for all involved.
    There are always a lot of "unknowns" for we who aren't on the inside, but sales numbers alone are never an indicator of profit.
    Loosenut says thanks.
  24. ShiBDiB

ShiBDiB

Thanks Received:
    I dunno what makes you dumber.. thinking a petition means anything to a game company or planning on buying crysis 3
    AthlonX2 says thanks.
  25. AthlonX2

AthlonX2 HyperVtX™

Thanks Received:
    plus 1 ^