1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

[Petition] Crysis 3 PC Focus

Discussion in 'Games' started by Talon_257, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Loosenut

Loosenut

Thanks Received:
    That was uncalled for :slap:

2. LAN_deRf_HA

LAN_deRf_HA

Thanks Received:
    Crytek is seriously out of touch with the the community, and frankly the world in general. All the issues crysis 2 had were foreseeable, I mean crysis 1 had half of them. The other half wouldn't have been an issue if they listened to the community. Interestingly they made a statement saying the community was important, then shut them out immediately. Their entire reason for going multiplatform was childish idiocy. They made crysis 1 pc only, made millions of sales, yet were still disappointed?!? Wtf. They wanted a Halo level hit on the pc, but for half the effort. Totally delusional. Now they've spent just as much if not more money going multiplatform to get worse sales total, totally screwing over the platform that gave them such nice sales previously. At every turn they demonstrated a lack of management skills, unfortunately just like the majority of companies making fistfuls of cash.

When you think about it, it seems like the only reason any company stays afloat with such poor management is poor buying decisions on the consumer end. We're stupid. We throw money around inefficiently allowing companies like crytek to operate inefficiently. Try making a anti-consumer idiocy petition. It'd probably be more effective; crytek won't even know your petition exists.

3. Talon_257 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I generally don't believe in petitions but it was requested so I decided to make one and I guess I am putting half an effort into it now. :) Do I think it will have any effect on Crytek? No. However, the simple act of getting people under one idealized boat is good and will raise awareness of the Crynanigans going on. :)

Anti-consumer idiocy petition sounds great! :roll: :D

digibucc says thanks.
  4. newtekie1

newtekie1 Semi-Retired Folder

Thanks Received:
    That was the point.

Crunching for Team TPU More than 25k PPD
  5. Kreij

Kreij Senior Monkey Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    No offense, ShiB, but that's a bit short sighted.
    Almost every game developer does read and assess the gaming community's reaction to a product they produce. Unfortunately that is not always the case with the publishers.
    The devs work long hours on henious schedules to meet the publishers insistance upon getting a game out in a certain time frame, and many times are not the ones who make the call as to whether a game is "polished" enough for release.
    To say that looking forward to Crysis 3 is dumb, is to say that just because a dev/publishing team falters on one release that they cannot correct mistakes and improve efficiency, productivity and make the next release better.
    I disagree with that. I'm not saying it WILL happen in the case of another Crysis game, but others have learned and improved.

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2011
  6. BumbleBee

BumbleBee

Thanks Received:
    interesting article.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-the-making-of-crysis-2

TRIPTEX_CAN and Jack Doph say thanks.
  7. Flibolito

Flibolito

Thanks Received:
    Crytek is essentially out the door in the PC world for most high-end gamers. Every crysis 3 thread will hopefully end in people talking about Battlefield 3 because DICE stepped up to the plate and in 6-8 months is going to tear the roof off and give us what we deserve. I have no problem paying $60 for BF3 but crysis should be in the bargain bin at $29.99 a pop, they can take their "claimed" DX11 patch and shove it.

Ev1LrYu and digibucc say thanks.
  8. Jack Doph

Jack Doph

Thanks Received:
    Now there's an oxymoron if ever there was one.
    I can fully see how ensuring a game that can run on 5+ years old hardware gives you far more to work with, than the cutting-edge technology available on the PC platform :/

9. Kreij

Thanks Received:
    He's correct, Jack.
    Scope : Runs cross platform
    Scale : Runs on console hardware.
    MP features : Works with XB and PS Networks.

Those things would not work with a PC only title.

digibucc says thanks.
  10. Jack Doph

Jack Doph

Thanks Received:
    Well.. in the article that's not necessarily what he's saying:
    So the real reason is the age-old financial one..

11. Talon_257 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I read that article, its mostly bullshit.

The only thing that makes real sense is that going multiplatform gets a bigger budget from the publisher.. In terms of "scope, scale, and better", Crysis 2 is anything but that over Crysis 1. The second paragraph you have quoted is just a complete and utter lie, as its the exact opposite direction from where Crysis 1 was in terms of stability and everything else he mentions.

Crysis 2 has weird action bubbles which ruins the scope of it. Crysis 1 has an open environment and a giant innovative multiplayer with Power Struggle. It seems that less of a budget creates a better game...

That article is completely in denial of the trash product they have made.

12. Kreij

Thanks Received:
    Of course it is. Why would it not be?

13. Bjorn_Of_Iceland

Bjorn_Of_Iceland

Thanks Received:
    Give it a few months and youl see Crysis 2 as a free oem game in every vidcard boxes ala FarCry2. That is how cheap it is

14. random

random

Thanks Received:
    There are alot of multi-platform games out there that justify the PC/Console platforms aka Portal 2. The main issue with Crytek is the fact they dumbed down their game altogether to target a bigger audience which is why to me they appear as sellouts. I don't care if the game is not a PC exclusive or a main focus.

Take Dragon Age for example, the first game was great on all systems but with their second game, they dumbed down the gameplay and screwed up the story for the sake of appealing to more casual/hardcore gamers out there, perfect example of selling out.

Lets just hope both Crytek and Bioware learn from this year's releases, I'm sure they've already heard what their fans have had to say.

Crusader says thanks.
  15. Over_Lord

Over_Lord News Editor

Thanks Received:
    This petition makes total sense.

I guess you guys must have read about how difficult it was for Crytek to get such a massive scale game to work on the lowly x360 and complex ps3 hardware. Guess we know WHERE MOST OF THE DEVELOPMENT COST lies.

So, developing a PC exclusive will not ONLY BE EASIER, BUT CHEAPER, and EARN MORE due to DIGITAL SALES.

And I think it's decided, PC gamers aren't going to buy a CONSOLE LIMITED Crysis 3 ever., ever...
    Making Crysis 3 will bring back what little respect they have left after their self-proclaimed blockbuster bombed.

Sales figures of Crysis 2 were good in the first 2 weeks, but 4 weeks down, Homefront is selling more than Crysis 2. Whereas, due to the super community of Crysis, mods and tweaks, and the amazing PC exclusive graphics and all, Crysis sold in the long run few million copies, which Crysis 2 will never attain.

Talon_257 says thanks.
  16. Talon_257 New Member

Thanks Received:

Yep, that is exactly what I am trying to explain and show Crytek. :)

I am sure they can do the number crunching themselves and come up with a conclusion but as long as I can (hopefully) get them to open their eyes to the PC benefits of profit margins, that will be very good indeed. :)

17. scaminatrix

scaminatrix

Thanks Received:
    I can't believe how many people are being bashed for wishing for a decent game. There's nothing wrong with hope. I couldn't care less about it being PC focussed, just a decent game would be nice.
    Must be a full moon or something.

18. 20mmrain

20mmrain

Thanks Received:
    I agree with the fact that Crytech sold out! Call me names for saying so all anybody wants. But Crytech forgot their base and were they cam from plain and simple!!!

19. ctrain New Member

Thanks Received:
    Crytek actually has hired a lot of people from the mod community over time, whether they put them to good use is another story...

Crytek should just stop doing these interviews because without fail, every time, someone manages to say something false and they look fucking stupid. Oh yes your PC only titles totally didn't give you enough financial support to buy a bunch of new offices and Free Radical.

Well, the technical aspects were interesting but why does Crytek always have to add on some stupid bit to try and justify the consoles and how PC totally wasn't working out meh only sold 5 million copies oh shit we're sinking

Talon_257 says thanks.
  20. TRIPTEX_CAN

TRIPTEX_CAN

Thanks Received:
    I signed my own petition by not buying Crysis 2 when they left DX11 out upon release. They released a game which was not ready and that was their biggets fault here. I still think they can bring Crysis 2 into being a leading visual benchmark when they do get the patch released but the gameplay will always be consolized. The good news is Crytek should be releasing the editor for Cryengine 3 and we will see some solid mods from it. Mods like MechWarrior Living Legends are a sample of what can be done with the engines Crytek is producing.

Cryengine 3 is a fvking beast of an engine when it all boils down to coding. It is coded better than Crysis and Warhead. It's more GPU dependant (which we like) and the DX11 patch will blow the doors off what we consider "top end" graphics today.

Sure the gameplay and mission development focus was ALL on the consoles and their limitations but there is something more to Cryengine 3 and Crytek will probably get my money when they sort their shit out.

Port this port that. How many ports have working dev consoles these days? How many engines cook to 3 platforms from the same build?

Had Crysis 2 simply been released with larger open world maps and DX11 everyone would be tripping balls to upgrade for the Crysis experience just like the original.

Mech Warrior Living Legends on the Cryengine 3 would probably be the best game EVER! (edit: after BF3)

21. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    nice disclaimer ;)

i still think you are being way too generous. you are basically saying "if Crytek made Crysis 2 GOOD, it would be GOOD" but they didn't

they didn't release it with dx 11, they released it with a broken sp system, broken ai, small levels, crap story, shoddy multiplayer advancement with a non-existent anti-cheat system.

it may be a good engine, but for 90% of gamers that means nothing if the game made for it sucks, and crysis 2 sucks. they can't fix all the problems through patching, and they have already waited too long even if they could. crysis 2 has already failed, and it will not be "fixed"

as for mods, of course. but i see that as the exact opposite of a "plus" for c2. sure the capability is great that they added it, but the fact that we have to look to mods to enjoy one the most anticipated games in years is a serious disappointment.

@scaminatrix, aside from one obvious comment, i don't see a ton of personal bashing. people are bashing the game itself, and the idea that crytek will listen. the person who gave the idea is being mostly well received. i see it more as cynicism than bashing. there is plenty wrong with hope, when that hope influences your actions in the physical world, for something so unlikely to hold any merit.

he's more than welcome to run a petition, we just don't think it will do anything.

22. Talon_257 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well again, I don't believe in petitions either. It was requested over at the Crysis forums so I started one up and am putting an effort into it now, I guess. :)

What's the worst that can happen anyway? You wasted a minute of your time to sign a petition that didn't work? I understand the pessimism when it comes to petitions - I have the same approach. However, no harm will come from simply spending a minute of your time to hit the sign button for something you believe or want.

Anyway... Its not just the graphics of Crysis 2, its the entire gameplay and total experience. It simply does not live up to expectations and has a serious lack of innovation, while being a completely unfinished beta-product on the PC.

The game is horrible, the sales are horrible, and I hope Crytek wakes up to reality. Their PC focused games were just fine in quality and sales, the point of the petition is hopefully to wake them up to their blunders. The petition starts now so that when it does get delivered to Crytek - its not already too late.

If you were disappointed in Crysis 2 - just sign the petition. I realize that many of you aren't planning on buying future Crytek games (at this point I'm not either), but you can still sign in support for an improvement in their future titles. After all at the end of the day, the petition is really just asking for a better PC game.

23. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    bam

24. TRIPTEX_CAN

TRIPTEX_CAN

Thanks Received:
    I'm just playing devils advocate. I know Crytek dropped the ball hard.

Mod tools arent eaxctly a plus for Crysis 2's gameplay but they could be for thoses who bought the game. I have more hours in MWLL than Crysis. While Crytek failed at delivering this game the community may still make some awesome content from that engine and bring some real value to customers.

digibucc says thanks.
  25. Talon_257 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Crysis 2 has no mod support planned for the future, everything is encrypted. Crytek is releasing an SDK in the summer that is meant for indie developers or total mods like MWLL. A simple Sandbox like Crysis had is not planned and Crysis 2 will remain "legally" unmoddable.