1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Petiton: the reformation of the moderator system and new moderators

Discussion in 'Comments & Feedback' started by panchoman, Oct 30, 2007.

?

Are More Moderators Needed/More Active Moderators?

1. Yes

23 vote(s)
    46.9%
  2. No

26 vote(s)
    53.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sneekypeet

sneekypeet Unpaid Babysitter Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I completely dissagree with this. If there is a need for new mods here or the removal of mods who arent doing their jobs, I think its up to W1z or the other mods to take care of. Ive been here for a couple of years now and everything has went very well. It just seems as of late(take n offense here) but a bunch of noobs are going out of bounds and starting ISSUES with their "im just gonna post it" attitude.

I personnally have had issues with mods , and we worked it out as humans. If I have ever had an issue and posted a warning or a PM to a mod , it has always been handled in a timely fashion.

This whole thing to me seem like a way of kissin a butt or two to try to get a mod gig.

Sorry for my rant , but everyone here wants there freedoms, and my freedom to choose, is being blunt and pulling no punches.

Seems to me if W1z was really down with this idea he would have posted in this thread as an endorsement , such as the changing of the background contest!!!!

2. SpoonMuffin New Member

Thanks Received:
    zek, as i have said b4, mods shouldnt have to have 2 logins, they should just be members like everybody else, but with the power to deal with problems, they however should have to live up to a higher standred then joe sixpack member because they are an example of how you should act.

you alwase do your best to just be another guy who happens to have the power to slap people for being bad, but there are some other mods who dont do that, and alot of inactive mods as well.

3. Frogger

Frogger

Thanks Received:

4. sneekypeet

Thanks Received:
    yup you are completely correct Seth ...that makes 3 total rants since april of 06...way to post yet another educated responce!!!!!

5. PVTCaboose1337

PVTCaboose1337 Graphical Hacker

Thanks Received:
    I think the real problem is, mods need to have a time commitment, like coordinate with other mods, so like ones on one side of the world take care of it for 6 hours, etc.

6. rick22

rick22 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Wow all you guys do is bitch..get a life

7. bruins004 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I agree with you 100 percent.
    I have been here for a while, more than most of you and the system works fine and Wiz knows what he is doing.
    Which brings me to my next point and it kind of aggitates me a bit

Panchoman you have been here for a total of 3 months and you start this thread.
    Dude TPU has been here for a while and doesn't need your help at all.

Yes there has been some tussles here and there (only 2 that I can remember the Alec incident and another one), however, as you can see TPU is here to stay and isnt going anywhere.
    So please stop trying to be a hero when you havent been here a while at all.
    Learn the forum and its members and you will see there are little to no issues as a forum goes.
    This is a well kept and organized forums as it is.

8. PVTCaboose1337

Thanks Received:
    bruins004, second best post ever (keeker being the first), but I got to say,

W1z, you got it right...

Also, pancho is more the dude who is like, "woah man, this forum is not cool, I gotta change it."

But guys free speech, come on let him talk, you don't have to respond to the thread, and we don't have to start a flame war.

9. panchoman

panchoman Sold my stars!

Thanks Received:
    honestly the problem is that most of our mods aren't active anymore and the fact that which mods post in which thread are messed up. w1zz himself asked me to start this thread, i would give you an excerpt from our conversation but idk if w1zz is okay with that, i'll ask him to come over here and endorse this thread tommorow.

10. d44ve New Member

Thanks Received:

Not really... I can see your point, but the mods that are here are doing the best they can.

It doesnt matter which "side" they take, the other "side" is not going to be happy. Its a tough job in any forum.... but this forums is alot tougher IMO, just because of the age group that this site has.

No offefence to the younger group of people on here.... but it is really tough for you to see the big picture at times and in a lot of cases the way things were handled could have been handled a lot differant.

I think as you move on in life and with this forum, you will understand more. (this is coming from my own personal experiance when I was that age)

Again, I am not trying to put you down or say its all your fault..... but sometimes at that age your eyes are not open enough to see the whole picture.

Again, this is only my opinion on this matter... and that pretty much means nothing. :rolleyes:

sneekypeet says thanks.
  11. panchoman

panchoman Sold my stars!

Thanks Received:
    im like, "whoa sweet this forum is good, but i want to make it better"

im always like that, i do what i feel is right, and i dont care if anyone supports me or not, atleast i gave it a try, w1zz asked me to make this thread, and thats why i made it, otherwise i would not have made this thread.

12. sneekypeet

Thanks Received:
    personally I hope W1z does come in here and sees that he has been backed up by his members for a great job he has been doing over these past years....And doesnt need someone comming in and trying to get everything changed so it fits just him. There is a mass here and the few cant conquer the mass without persuation. All I see is a bunch of pissin and moanin, no persuation as to why we should agree with "your" ideas??????

13. pt

pt not a suicide-bomber

Thanks Received:
    curiosity:
    is there a asian (india, china, japan, philipinas, australia, etc.) mod? and enough asian ppl?

edit to mods
    add a poll pls

14. PVTCaboose1337

Thanks Received:
    K mods cannot devote themselves to TPU... only W1z. Thats why you think this pancho... if you are willing to be on the forums alot, and are kind and compassionate and are as clever as a supreme court justice, then you might be a good mod.

15. rick22

rick22 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Free speech is fine but TPU is a tech forum not a place to BITCH..............

16. PVTCaboose1337

Thanks Received:
    In this case we were asked to bitch. :D

17. imperialreign

imperialreign New Member

Thanks Received:
    y'know . . . they've scientifically proven that there is a portion of the brain that isn't fully developed until about the age of 25 . . . and, go figure, it's the same portion of the brain that controls the ability to 'forsee one's actions' - in better words, to be able to judge whether one's actions will be physcially, metally or emotionally detrimental to oneself

looking back on my teenage years, and all the stoopid stuff I've done, gotten in trouble for, hurt myself because of, etc - I believe it . . . I'm no where near as brash as I was years ago

18. sneekypeet

Thanks Received:
    Dont think it was directed at you PVT

19. PVTCaboose1337

Thanks Received:
    I spoke about free speech a few posts up. (Number 33)

20. DrunkenMafia

Thanks Received:
    I don't think anyone in that teenagers club should be a mod..... :)

But that is just my 2 cents...

TUngsten and PVTCaboose1337 say thanks.
  21. 3991vhtes

3991vhtes New Member

Thanks Received:
    LOL You can't even spell response! :roll:

edit- you're really educated :rolleyes:

22. PVTCaboose1337

Thanks Received:
    I agree, those umm... how can I say... Hitler Youth things are not very mature.

23. sneekypeet

Thanks Received:
    and thats a better version of how to spell it??????:wtf:

24. zekrahminator

zekrahminator McLovin

Thanks Received:
    Likewise ;)

anyone typing this response from Firefox 2 would know that it's spelled "response" :p.

25. imperialreign

imperialreign New Member

Thanks Received:
    this thread just got quite funny! :laugh: