1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

phase-change

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by dixsey, Jun 23, 2005.

1. dixsey New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi forgive my ignorance but could someone explain what phase-change is all about.Thanks in advance Dixsey

2. djbbenn

Thanks Received:
    Its a extreme cooling solution, its really good for overclocking as it creates sub-zero temps. Its expensive also, you only need it if your a huge overclocker. It basicly compresses gas and turns it into a liquid whick is very cold and it sent to the area its cooling like a cpu. It goes through the block thats is on the cpu and it turns back into gas from the heat of the cpu and the air and it goes back and gets compressed again. Then it goes through the same thing over again. Hope this clears it up for you.

-Dan

3. dixsey New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanks a lot dan it sounds wicked,i might move onto that after i try water cheers.

4. djbbenn

Thanks Received:
    What are you cooling to need phase change? You wont need it unless you do some big overclocking, if you get a good water system you'll be set. Or unless you system runs extremly hot for some reason. :rolleyes:

-Dan

5. grazzhoppa New Member

Thanks Received:
    It sounds like something heat pipes use.