1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Phenom II owners - I want to see your temps

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by johnnyfiive, Jun 24, 2009.

1. HolyCow02

HolyCow02 New Member

Thanks Received:
    jesus those are some good temps... I need to get OCCT setup today so I can see what mine does. AMD overdrive is showing like 41C idle... and I have no idea if that is right. I have a Noctua U12P which are nearly as good as the Xiggy's.
  2. JATownes

JATownes

Thanks Received:
  3. crunchie

crunchie New Member

Thanks Received:
    My set up is about 15C difference.
    JATownes says thanks.
  4. JATownes

JATownes

Thanks Received:
    That apparently means I was seriously mistaken. Just goes to show no matter how long you do this, you are never to old to learn something new. Thanks.
  5. crunchie

crunchie New Member

Thanks Received:
    Loaded temps for me are not showing much difference. From 3000MHz to 3600MHz I only saw a 2C difference in temp.
  6. johnnyfiive

johnnyfiive

Thanks Received:
    It really depends on a lot of things JATownes. If you have air in your system, bad CPU block contact, kinks in your hoses, high ambient temp, etc. Anything can change the temps.

crunchie, your referring to change in temp due to MHz increase (and possibly vcore increase), I think JATownes is referring to idle to load difference in general. JATownes, load temps will definitely be higher than a few C compared to idle, but with water it will and should be a much lower gap than air. When I do runs at 1.55v+ compared to stock voltage, I too only see a 2-3C increase in overall load temp. Correct me if I'm mistaken.

My idle temp at 1.55v does go up about 4-5C though.
    JATownes says thanks.
  7. JATownes

JATownes

Thanks Received:
    That is correct I was referring to idle/load difference. IDK where I got the idea in my head that the idle/load temps would have a very small margin, but some how I got that in my head. Thanks for the boost in my knowledge. H2O is on my horizon, just waiting for a little increase in the budget to fund the project.
  8. jameskelsey

jameskelsey New Member

Thanks Received:
    These 550BE's screw up temp readings in some programs when unlocked. The only one to work so far is EasyTune6. 37 idle 51 load at 3.2Ghz 4 cores

Attached Files:

9. eze New Member

Thanks Received:

I use a FZ120 CPU Cooler.

I was hitting between 35-40C idle. Today was quite hot and I am overclocking from 2.8 to 3.6. But I have yet to go over 50C on full load even during the hottest time of the day.
  10. crunchie

crunchie New Member

Thanks Received:
    Just to give a little idea of what my chip temps were before water cooling it. At stock specifications with the stock cooler, my 940BE was hitting mid to high 60C's running OCCT with ambients in the high 20C to 30C range.
    Dropping a zalman 9500 on it lowered those temps by ~ 10C.
    I have since lapped the IHS on the processor and got the temps that I have posted.
  11. crunchie

crunchie New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yes, but I had previously aready posted the idle/load difference. Just wanted to give the other comparison :).
    Just looking back, the stock run that I did @ 3000MHz had a vcore of 1.425 which must have been set automatically by the bios whilst OCCT was running.
    The 3600MHz run had a vcore of 1.375 so the actual loaded temp difference would probably be a little less @ stock frequency/vcore.
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2009