1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Phenom II X6 1045t $79.99 at Microcenter

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by Robert-The-Rambler, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Robert-The-Rambler

Robert-The-Rambler

Thanks Received:
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2013
    Cybrnook and Kantastic say thanks.
  2. Kantastic

Kantastic

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for the heads up! I'm planning a trip to Micro Center sometime this weekend. It's going to be a 2 hour long commute via public transportation though, but it is in a different state and that particular Micro Center has obscenely low taxes (under 3%). I do have to lug back a BitFenix Prodigy case so I'm not looking forward to it. It might be wise to grab one of these processors even though I have absolutely no use for it. I do have 2 AM3 systems in the house that can use 4 more cores.
  3. Robert-The-Rambler

Robert-The-Rambler

Thanks Received:
    That's Committment

I have two I7 920s and several quad core AMD rigs. I have had my eye on the 6 core to just see how it stacks up in multi-threaded games vs the I7. It is only a 30 minute drive to Westbury for me and it might useful to learn about virtualization in Windows 8 professional. My tax return is coming soon but I want to get a better GPU for one of the I7 rigs. Ah, the dilemma. :) I'm good at finding deals while I'm listening to soft rock.
  4. Kantastic

Kantastic

Thanks Received:
    Ah, you're fortunate to live in outside of NYC, which is where all the Micro Centers seem to be. I do recall hearing rumors about Micro Center opening a location in Queens, NY, which would only be a little over an hour for me via the MTA. I still prefer Paterson, NJ though since the sales tax is only 3.5%. However, that's a 2 hour interstate trip for me.