1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

photo print need HELP

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Cvrk, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Cvrk

Cvrk

Thanks Received:
    Trying to print not as easy as it sounds.
    Here the thing. I got a photo frame, preatty nice one in the shape of a heart but it has the size in centimeters of 7cm with 5cm. So it's gonna have to be a preatty small image.
    This is my problem. My picture is 28.8 mb!!! I tryed to use Photoshop to resize
    width:7 cm height:5 cm ticked "scale styles" + "constrain proportions" + resample image" with the setting "bicubic sharper(best for reduction). When I print my image looks very bad
    Tryed the bicubic and the bicubic smoother the same result. The picture looks very bad. I fi try a bigger resolution the image looks impeccable. So the problem must be with resizing it. Photoshop tells me that my print resolution is 72 PPI
    Color Handling: Printer manages color. Tryed with Photoshop manages colors.
    "black point compensation" ticked same thing....
    I am using glossy photo paper.
    How can I print this image small and make it look good??

2. de.das.dude

de.das.dude Pro Indian Modder

Thanks Received:
    Good boy. lol.

3. de.das.dude

Thanks Received:
    you should try to know the dpi rating of your printer. then use that setting onto photoshop cs6 and then use that to resize your image.

4. lyndonguitar

lyndonguitar I play games

Thanks Received:
    if you're using windows 7, here's what I always do whenever I need quick printing and resizing, It works for me

right click image, then print, then at the far right of the menu select the size the best fits the frame. select 1 copy only, you're just gonna have to estimate it.

5. Cvrk

Cvrk

Thanks Received:
    This joker needs to be put in it's place by an forum moderator. Were I come from double posting is called spamming.
    Regardless of what Photoshop CS you use, each and every one of them from CS1 to CS6 they all have identical printing features and settings. I have purchased CS5 works flawless. I just need advice from a professional regarding my issues. Anybody?!

6. de.das.dude

Thanks Received:
    or you can use MS Word. just insert the picture in a page and use the given scales to resize. simple. i use this method as it works with all printers.

7. lyndonguitar

lyndonguitar I play games

Thanks Received:
    yea theres a ruler in MS Word too, but to the OP, seriously dude you need professional help in printing?

8. de.das.dude

Thanks Received:
    he posted this question in the photography section of GN before i sent him here.