1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

PhotoFast Readies 4-bay MicroSDHC Reader Stick

Discussion in 'News' started by btarunr, Dec 1, 2009.

1. btarunr

btarunr Editor & Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    PhotoFast, known for everything 'flash memory' in the IT world, is ready with an innovative USB stick, only this one is a 4-slot MicroSD and MicroSDHC card reader called the CR-5500. On one of its sides, the four slots tiny slots are located, which allow easy removal of the memory cards. The devices takes data from the four cards and creates a JBOD (just a bunch of disks) volume. Using four of the highest capacity MicroSDHC cards, the drive can provide 64 GB of storage (16 GB from each card). A cap covers the USB 2.0 interface. The entire unit is slightly bigger than the average USB flash stick, though not too big for a device with up to 64 GB of storage. It is priced at US around $64, package does not include memory cards. It is expected to ship in January.

[​IMG]

Source: TechConnect Magazine
  2. robodude666 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Why? Add 4x 16GB microSD cards and you're at ~$250+. A 64GB Flash drive is ~$150, and a 128GB stick is ~$350.
  3. Jizzler

Jizzler

Thanks Received:
    I thought it might be something for my photographer friends, but the ones filling multiple 4GB+ cards per shoot aren't using MicroSD.
  4. DaveK

DaveK

Thanks Received:
    Do many cameras even use microSDHC? Any cameras I've seen use SD.