1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

PhysX pre-order in the UK

Discussion in 'News' started by D_o_S, Apr 7, 2006.

1. D_o_S

D_o_S Moderator

Thanks Received:
    Overclockers UK has PhysX accelerators from BFG in its catalog. They are priced at around £200, which translates roughly to 330 USD.

More here

[​IMG]

Source: Overclockers UK
  2. EnJoY

EnJoY New Member

Thanks Received:
    $330 is quite a lot of money for something that is useless thus far.
  3. wtf8269

wtf8269 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I concur, but I'd still like one. If it were $150 USD or so then I'd probably consider it, or if it were more useful.
  4. Homeless

Thanks Received:
    I wonder how useful it will be in the future...
  5. HaZe303

HaZe303 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I concur to the prize being bit too high. But maybe when we´ll see some impressive games like cellfactor in realtime, then i think we will ghange our minds even about the prize. But not until i see some great games to it!!
  6. RickyG512 New Member

Thanks Received:
    what is this and what does it do, also haZe303, what did you mean by realtime
  7. Dreamchaser New Member

Thanks Received:
    Too expensive!!!!

As I have stated in the other forum.....that I would only buy it if it costs under AUS$300.
    Now it is clear, it costs $330 in USA that would be somewhere $600 - $700 in Australian dollars!!!!
    F##k!! with that amount of money I'd better invest in upgrading the VPU instead. It seems to me that ATI's method is better for people like myself.....use the old card to do the physics and the new one for render graphics. Thus, this is by far the most approachable method.
    And remember people, this card was designed only to do physics other than that, f##k all!!!!!...... nothing!!!!!...you can not even hook your monitor cable to it!!!!!
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2006
  8. HaZe303

HaZe303 New Member

Thanks Received:
    It is a physics processor card. It will boost all games that have AgeiAPhysX API in them. Will make games look 100times more cool than Half-life 2. But still no games ready for it!!?

Dreamchaser.. i understand where you are coming from. Im not a rich kid either. But with crossfire setup, i dont think you will get even half of the power in physics than you would with ageia. Have you seen the CellFactor movies?? This game is not playable with the nvidia/ati sli/crossfire setups. I think ageia will do great things with games, but they really have to get the games out there if they want to sell any hardware. Cause i promize you this, when we have seen this in effect, i think this will blow our minds out in such games that utilize it good, and of course if the AgeiA does what Ageia say it should doo!!? :)
  9. Tatty_One

Tatty_One Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ummmm, seems like one of them innovations that mean we will be buying it in 2 years time when there are a few games around which utilise it by which time it will be a third of the price and twice as good, cant see the point now really.:confused:
  10. RickyG512 New Member

Thanks Received:
    wat are cell factor movies
  11. HaZe303

HaZe303 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Where have you been?? Or are you just playing dumb?? :D

http://www.gamershell.com/download_13134.shtml

Download this movie, and then you will know what CellFactor is!! Just an idea, if you dont know some things, you can use google and search for them, instead of stupid questions... :D

And please, dont say "what is google"!!??
  12. RickyG512 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Haze303, so im gusing this is a game ?

i checked on imdb and nothing there,
  13. HaZe303

HaZe303 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I agree... but if it really will make games look so much better. And if the prize goes down to about 200bucks then i can consider it. But as it is now, with no games using the ageiax, i would never buy it. This is why ageiaX has withdrawn the retail card from retailers i think!??
  14. HaZe303

HaZe303 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Now with GRAW Demo/Retail game coming out, the AgeiaX should also pop up on the shelves??
  15. Solaris17

Solaris17 Creator Solaris Utility DVD

Thanks Received:
    you know this is a cpu function and so was rendering grfx back in the day.......their taking everything the cpu does and putting it to card these days soon all the cpu will have to do is organize what the cards give to it and then all you will need is a 300mhz pentium 1 and the only thing you have to worry about over clocking will be:

your time card (pci)
    calculator card(pci)
    physx card(pci)
    graphics card(AGP-PCI-E)
    ethernet card(PCI)
    sound card(PCI)
    Fan Card
    Lunch card
    anything computer related card(PCI-E)