1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Pick my new mobo and ram!

Discussion in 'System Builder's Advice' started by Wsimp58, Oct 6, 2008.

1. Wsimp58 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I built my rig about a year ago and i have had problems with my current mobo and ram. I get odd lock ups when i run more than 4 gigs of ram in my mother board( i have 2 sticks of 2gig). Well,would like to get a new mobo and ram.I have tried every fix and patch out there but i cannot get it to work properly.

I need a mobo that can run a core 2 duo chip and has pleanty of pci/pci-e slots since the 2 of the 3 that i have on my current mobo are taken up my my fatty fat fat video card(880ogtx). I am looking to future proof i a little bit so i am looking for a mobo that gets along with 6+gigs of ram, has SLI, and like i said above has pleanty of pci/pci-e slots.

As for ram anythign decent that gets along with the mobo is fine.I am kinda leaning toward corsair dominator though.

Thanks in advance.

2. Fitseries3

Fitseries3 Eleet Hardware Junkie

Thanks Received:
    evga 750i.

gskill HZs on the ram.

Wsimp58 says thanks.
  3. Wsimp58 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanks fits. You were one of the people that was orginally trying to help me.

So no known capability problems with those 2?

4. Fitseries3

Fitseries3 Eleet Hardware Junkie

Thanks Received:
    nope. perfectly matched set. dont go for the crucial ballistix... they have a problem with alot of boards.

5. Wsimp58 New Member

Thanks Received: