1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Pixelated screen and slow game problem

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by sebru, Sep 17, 2010.

1. sebru New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hello,

My Windows XP recently crashed. I had a blue screen error everytime I started Windows which said 'registry key error'. I am useless with computers so I took it to this guy.

Now it is working. However I have noticed I have 2 windows on my comp: the old one which is still not working and a new one added by this guy on partition H (the previous was on C)

I used to play a game on the pc before which worked fine. Now my screen is pixelled (the difference is not that big but I can see it) and the game I play now is slow and pixeled.

I asked him if he installed the video drivers he said he did.

Please help.

2. dr emulator (madmax)

dr emulator (madmax)

Thanks Received:
    please use gpu-z (it's in my sig) and tell us what it says,
    chances are he's taken your graphics card and replaced it with a cheap and nasty one thinking you wouldn't notice

also tell us what system you have, (you can use this tool to help you click on the highlighted link) as that will also help anyone here determine what's wrong

3. de.das.dude

de.das.dude Pro Indian Modder

Thanks Received:
    welcome to TPU! please fill your system specs and make sure it is visible to us.

most probably this has happened due to the existing old windows.
    this also happens when you install an OS newly but you do not format the System Reserved Partition.

learned it from experience.