1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Playing Music at Constant Volume?

Discussion in 'General Software' started by OrbitzXT, Nov 30, 2010.

1. OrbitzXT

OrbitzXT New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm allowed to listen to music at work but I don't want it to be too loud. I find myself constantly adjusting the volume so I can hear a song, but then when it switches another file might be too loud and I have to turn it back down. I figure something like this should be possible, with Ventrilo you can arrange it so everyone's volume sounds the same regardless of their settings. Is there a way to do this with a music player?

2. InnocentCriminal

InnocentCriminal Resident Grammar Amender

Thanks Received:
    I suggest using MediaMonkey to which you can analyse the track volumes and then lower them to increase them to what you want. That way all your music will be at the level you set it at.

OrbitzXT says thanks.
  3. Kreij

Kreij Senior Monkey Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Audacity has a lot of features and it's free. Not sure if it will do what you want, though.
    Still an excellent program to have around. ;)

OrbitzXT says thanks.
  4. IggSter

IggSter

Thanks Received:
    I personally use mp3gain to normalise my mp3s. The big benefit that it has is that it only writes a volume modifier to the tag and thus there is no quality loss and in fact you can undo/redo at any time.

edit: It also doesnt mess with your audio library software in any way (itunes, media monkey, songbird etc).

OrbitzXT says thanks.