1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Playing SWTOR and loving it :)

Discussion in 'Games' started by AlienIsGOD, Jan 21, 2014.

1. AlienIsGOD

AlienIsGOD

Thanks Received:
    after 8 years of WoW, i decided to try out SWTOR. I've only played for 3 days, but i have subbed and really like the storyline and missions. Anyone else still playing this? and what server are you on if you do play on? i play on The shadowlands.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  2. ShiBDiB

ShiBDiB

Thanks Received:
    It sucks... more specifically the end game is terrible.

Yes leveling is actually fun tho
    jgunning and AlienIsGOD say thanks.
  3. jgunning

jgunning

Thanks Received:
    I love it too!! I played it for ages..the only thing that puts me off reinstalling is the GIGANTIC download..lol! its like 30gb to get the client!lol
    But great game none the less!
    AlienIsGOD says thanks.
  4. AlienIsGOD

AlienIsGOD

Thanks Received:
    just did a space mission and it was pretty fun :) lvl 17 bounty hunter now. Purchased the digital upgrade so i could have a land speeder STAP to use.
    jgunning says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  5. Cheeseball

Thanks Received:
    "Onii-chan" on The Bastion.
    AlienIsGOD says thanks.
  6. xenocide

xenocide

Thanks Received:
    I maintain that SWTOR suffers the way a lot of MMO's do--it's a lopsided experience. Leveling in SWTOR is almost unmatched, the storylines are pretty amazing, and it changes environment just enough to prevent anything from getting stale. Once you hit max level, the game drops off. You are relegated to basically 1 planet, doing Warzones, and queueing for dungeons from the capital ship. I haven't really touched it since it went F2P (not that F2P is inherently bad) but I remember hitting max level, struggling to find dungeon groups, and playing a metric fuckton of Huttball. I would recommend anyone play SWTOR at least for the "single player" leveling experience.
    Ahhzz and Gavin say thanks.
  7. Gavin

Thanks Received:
    I agree completely. When it was initially released, I bought it and got to max level. It was a lot of fun to level up. Like it has been said before, the single player is unmatched. However, endgame was bland to say the least.
  8. catnipkiller

catnipkiller

Thanks Received:
    swtor best single player mmo ever made. R.i.p. bondar crystal.
    xenocide says thanks.
  9. ShiBDiB

ShiBDiB

Thanks Received:
    Oh god how I hate huttball... I remember when that was the only warzone... even tho it still sometimes feels like the only warzone.
  10. xenocide

xenocide

Thanks Received:
    It was never really the only Warzone, it's just the faction imbalance was so bad the only thing you ever played was Huttball because there were exponentially more groups of 10 Sith/Dark Side/Empire whatever.
  11. ShiBDiB

ShiBDiB

Thanks Received:
    Nope at release it was legit the only warzone for a couple weeks :p
  12. xenocide

xenocide

Thanks Received:
    I played from Early Access through the first 2 months, Huttball was never the only Warzone. Voidstar and Alderaan were around when the game launched, but because of the faction imbalances you rarely saw either.
  13. ShiBDiB

ShiBDiB

Thanks Received:
    I coulda swore the first week the other ones didn't work. Maybe it was just faction imba.. Either way I gave up on the game because the end game just isn't fun. It's a great single player rpg with a chat box up until that point tho
  14. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    I'm downloading it now since they have made the Galactic Starfighter addition FTP. It can't hurt to give it a shot, the price is right.
  15. AlienIsGOD

AlienIsGOD

Thanks Received:
    im still having fun, lvl 30 now :)
    Crunching for Team TPU
  16. newconroer

Thanks Received:
    Picture..thousand words and all that ...
    [​IMG]
  17. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    I really enjoyed SWTOR actually. I had a group that I played with, we all knew each other in real life, some of us friends, other friends of friends, but we at least all knew each other. Half the group decided to splinter off and reroll to Empire, at that point we did too, but they changed what times they wanted to raid, so we went to a different server that fit us more. After that the other group couldn't ever get a raid together and they quit, and we managed some raids from our group, but most eventually flaked off, so I finally quit. Was a lot of fun when all my friends were playing, but after that wasn't so much, I always enjoy at least having a few friends that play the same MMO, that way when they get on at random times we can do shit together.

Huttball was never the only Warzone, it was just the only one with a Q that popped. There was the other one oyu enter on Speeders, I just can't remember the name.