1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Please help looking for stable driver for GTX295 sli! extreme problem

Discussion in 'NVIDIA' started by grevius3, Apr 7, 2012.

1. grevius3 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hello, ive been having a lot of stability problems lately on my rig. (2xBFG 295gtx)intel i7 950, EVGA x58 classified , corsair dominator 12GB ram, windows 7 ultimate 64bit, my screen keeps turning off and the computer is unresponsive( only hard reset is working). I had to give it to a technician cause i was at a dead-end , he told me that it seems that its a conflict from the graphics card drivers. and asked if i had the original driver cd that came with the box. the thing is that i dont and know im looking to find that specific driver in order to give it to the technician , please help me , what driver number is it? and if any1 knows a link that i can download it from i would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you

2. micropage7

micropage7

Thanks Received:
    actually i guess its not just from driver
    you need to check one by one and it looks from hardware

3. newtekie1

newtekie1 Semi-Retired Folder

Thanks Received:
    You don't want to use the driver that came on the CD, they are extremely outdated. Grab the latest drivers from nVidias website, as well as from your motherboard manufacturers website and install those, motherboard drivers first.

However, you might have to run driver sweeper or ccleaner to clear out the old nVidia drivers first to make sure they are installed clean.

If that doesn't solve the problem, I'd start looking at hardware going bad, possibly a failing video card. Are you using anything to monitor the temps of the cards? If not, I'd grab MSI Afterburner and use that to look at the temps, if they are getting too high the cards might just need a dusting, or the fans might be starting to go and need some oil.

Crunching for Team TPU 50 Million points folded for TPU
  4. Norton

Norton WCG-TPU Team Captain

Thanks Received:
    Law-II says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  5. trickson

trickson OH, I have such a headache

Thanks Received:
    Well one thing is for sure this technician is not a very good one if you have to give him things he should know how to get and do. I hope he is a friend and that you are not paying him.
    This could be caused by many things such as a corrupt install or Hibernation file. Bad RAM, Bad PSU. You could read the crash dump files and find out just what it is too.

Law-II says thanks.
  6. Law-II

Law-II

Thanks Received:
    Hi

If it is this version of BFG GTX295 driver 18120whql.jpg

you require Forceware 181.20 whql

If it is this version of BFG GTX295 BFG29518585whql.jpg

you require Forceware 185.85 whql

atb (all the best)

Law-II

Last edited: Apr 7, 2012
  7. grevius3 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thank you all for the quick replies , the thing is that the psu is new , installed two days ago, the problem thought is exactly the same as before . Here is the catch : my graphics cards work fine on an other pc , and my technicians graphics card works fine on MY pc. I got absolutely no problem with dust and temps, ram is checked and is working perfectly , hdd as well . All fans are ok and cables and connections too. Windows is original and pc has been formated twice. My technician proposed to replace the nvidia cards with Ati . He said maybe the evga x58 classified motherboard is incompatible with the bfg 295 gtx . Well that's stupid isn't it? Even so that's a nightmare for me since i paid 700+ euros when i got them and i don't want to replace them, btw the cards are the single pcb (not sure if i spelled it right) version

8. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Use the drivers that Nvidia provides when you go to their website. Perhaps you should try testing out each card individually to see if a card is faulty. Don't bother going to the technician anymore.

9. grevius3 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Please read the post above yours erocker cards are fine :)

10. erocker

Thanks Received:
    Well... Your motherboard is perfectly capable of running two 295's. You checked both cards separately and in SLI in your machine and another machine?

11. grevius3 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yes i did

12. grevius3 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Sorry im just bumping this im a bit desperate u c ;)

13. Crap Daddy

Crap Daddy

Thanks Received:
    What's your new PSU? Does your machine work with one 295? Have you tried both one by one? What makes you think it's the cards, the system can hard-lock from different reasons.

14. trickson

Thanks Received:
    Look first take out one of the video cards testing each one. If the problem is still present then you need to test the RAM one by one, If the system is still having the same issue then you should look at testing the PSU. This could be a failing MB as well. It is hard to say but take and test each component one at a time and test them all one at a time. once you have done all this there will be one component that will be at fault.

15. xBruce88x

xBruce88x

Thanks Received:
    clean out your drivers, then use the version that is on the other pc that worked with your card. also, what model was your old psu and what model is the new one?

16. erocker

Thanks Received:
    Please wait 24 hours between bumping your thread.

Thanks.

17. grevius3 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Sorry for bumping too early , my new psu is a coolermaster 1200w the old one was the akasa 1200w I've checked each component individually and all seems fine,also its not the motherboard sine it worked fine with a different graphics card

18. trickson

Thanks Received:
    Well it looks like you found the answer, The PSU was to blame. Good work.

19. grevius3 New Member

Thanks Received:
    No the problem still exists. the psu was changed for testing . Im putting back the old one after all this.

20. trickson

Thanks Received:
    Then your mb is bad or can not handle the video card(s) you have.