1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Please help: Missing cap from Sapphire X1950 Pro AGP

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by thegave, Mar 4, 2008.

1. thegave New Member

Thanks Received:
    PLEASE HELP

I found a mini capacitator on the floor today and it looks like it might have come off my video card, but I can't work out where it's supposed to go...

Can someone take pictures of or tell me where all the caps on the Sapphire X1950Pro AGP are located?

At the moment I have the two big ones next to the Molex connector, one big one just above the right end of the agp metal contacts strip, one small one just above the left end of the agp metal contacts strip. These are all on the front side of the card, and there aren't any on the back.

The cap that fell off is inbetween the sizes of the small one and the big ones and the markings on it say

6S
    9G0

What the hell should I do about it? Re-solder, or RMA? I don't own a soldering iron (I'm terrible at it anyway) but I think my vga still actually works.. Should I be testing it without?

If someone could just count the number of caps on their card... That would be great

[​IMG]

I still have all the ones you can see in the picture. Are there any more?
  2. Morgoth

Morgoth

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]
    i dont see anny differends
    show us the cap in a pic 2 plz
  3. dolf New Member

Thanks Received:
    The first difference that I can see is missing capacitor on the second picture (the location is app. 1cm away from the left AGP slot end up to the cooler) ;).
  4. lemonadesoda

lemonadesoda

Thanks Received:
    Well spotted. And LOL
  5. thegave New Member

Thanks Received:
    wow. What the he'll does that mean? Won't be able to get a pic of the cap itself until tmr but looks exactly the same as the other caps on the card with the same plastic base thing only difference is size, its exactly in between the size of the big ones on the left and the small ones on the right