1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Please Help!!! Powercolor 9600 Pro 256 MB problems

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by Neman, Jul 13, 2008.

1. Neman

Neman New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have purchased Powercolor 9600 Pro 256 MB with 128 Bit interface, 4 Parallel Pixel Pipelines, 2 shader pipelines. Core clock was 398 Mhz by default, and memory clock was 200 Mhz also by default. I overclocked it to a maximum 449 Mhz core clock, and 230 Mhz memory clock, because at higher values it just stops responding. I was disappointed when I tried to run Juiced 2 HIN. I just get a black screen, but on Asus GeForce 6200 it was running just ok. Is there anything I can do to increase the performance of my 9600 Pro? Please help, because I have tried to flash it but it seems there is no newer BIOS version available. I have also tried softmod drivers, but they don't work, I just get 640 x 480 resolution with 4 Bit color depth, and it can't be raised. Please help me 'cause I'm desperate. Thanks!

2. Ketxxx

Ketxxx Heedless Psychic

Thanks Received:
    Your sys specs and more precise details as to what you tried to do with it would be helpful. If you bought the 9600 Pro as an "upgrade" to your 6200... return it. The 9600 Pro is a serious downgrade. (Not to mention about 5 generations old)