1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Plextor TurboPlex PX-800A Vista Compatible DVD Burner

Discussion in 'News' started by malware, Apr 4, 2007.

1. malware New Member

Thanks Received:
    Plextor LLC today announced the availability of the TurboPlex PX-800A DVD Super Multi Drive, which is compatible with the Windows Vista operating system. The Plextor PX-800A drive features an E-IDE ATAPI interface for easy connectivity with personal computers running the Microsoft Windows 2000/XP/Vista operating systems. The PX-800A internal multi-drive delivers fast DVD recording speeds of 18X DVD±R on single-layer media, 8X DVD±R on Double-Layer and Dual-Layer (DL) media, and 12X DVD-RAM. The drive also supports 8X DVD+RW, 6X DVD-RW, 16X max DVD-ROM, 48X CD-R/RW/ROM, 12X DVD-RAM. The PX-800A multi-drive features a 2MB buffer and Buffer Underrun Proof Technology to prevent buffer underrun errors and allow multi-tasking. Plextor’s PX-800A drive ships to distributors in North and South America in April 2007, with a MSRP of $79.00 USD. All retail packages include one-year full warranty and unlimited toll-free technical support.

[​IMG]

Source: Plextor

2. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Umm, isnt EVERYTHING IDE compatible with vista?

3. bebobsa

bebobsa New Member

Thanks Received:
    Carolina, Puerto Rico. Sabana Abajo's Ghetto
    I don't know but I'm having problems with my Sony CD-R. The samsung writemaster DVD-R is working perfect. I'm starting to hate Vista.

4. WarEagleAU

WarEagleAU Bird of Prey

Thanks Received:
    Why not just go SATA. Unless I need 6 HDDs, I have 4 or 5 sata ports left unused.

5. Zalmann

Zalmann New Member

Thanks Received:
    SATA burners are now (slowly) becoming the norm, as they phase out PATA devices.