1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Points lottery big time

Discussion in 'World Community Grid (WCG)' started by mstenholm, Mar 7, 2012.

1. mstenholm

Thanks Received:
    Here is a list of my resent uploads. The hosts are identical (supposed to be at least) and it’s an unknown Intel running at 2.66 GHz. I have 20 of those and there has been a factor 2½ between the most and least productive in terms of points over a period of one week but here I see 16 pph and 80 pph (5 times). OK, if you have plenty of CPUs then it will even out but for the more average 1-2 CPU producer daily points could be all over.

[​IMG]

Edit: It seems it will not last - http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/forums/wcg/viewthread_thread,32730_offset,80

Last edited: Mar 7, 2012
    Crunching for Team TPU More than 25k PPD
  2. KieX

Thanks Received:
    If they kept that I'm sure a lot of crunchers from other projects like Rosetta would join WCG.

3. mstenholm

Thanks Received:
    I have a feeling that is the point

Edit: got that feeling after reading the WGC Forum. SETI gets around twice as much per CPU hour. Some old WGC guys will not be happy if there are over-run by us youngsters.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2012
    Crunching for Team TPU More than 25k PPD
  4. KieX

Thanks Received:
    From the thread you linked it looked like the WCG techs were planning to adjust the points again though. Guess it's a bonus for any newcomers.