1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Poll: How much would you spend on a case?

Discussion in 'Cases, Modding & Electronics' started by a111087, Oct 24, 2013.

?

How much would you spend on a quality computer case?

1. <$100

20.7%
  2. $100+

42.3%
  3. $200+

25.2%
  4. $300+

7.2%
  5. $400+

4.5%
  1. newtekie1

newtekie1 Semi-Retired Folder

Thanks Received:
    Generally it all comes down to how much money I have left in the budget after buying all the parts I want.

For the most part I'd put the money into other parts before the case and just by an NZXT Source 210/210 Elite. For $50 the Source 210 Elite is an amazing case, and all most builds need. The only down side is there isn't enough room for a dual-120mm radiator at the top of the case.

But for my personal rig I just had to go with the 650T, but I already had all the hardware I wanted, but my old case was...well...old, and I wanted something new that I knew I would like for several years(my old case was 5 years old).
    Crunching for Team TPU More than 25k PPD
  2. 9700 Pro

9700 Pro

Thanks Received:
    Under 100 euros, I usually buy used cases. My Define R2 cost 30 euros and Sonata III 20 euros. :)
  3. Kaynar

Thanks Received:
    I think that really depends on what you can afford. There are some really awesome cases like the fractal design models that cost around 100 dollars and yet are extremely efficient for both air and water cooling and are made of good quality plastic (which looks good). If you buy something like that you don't have any problems and you won't be disappointed.

On the other hand, you might want something in particular for your taste and spend a lot more even if it is technically not as good or even if the price is not justified, just because we live on a big planet with a lot of people so there are a lot of different tastes, thus choices.

Personally I spent more than 300 for a Caselabs mini-itx SM5 model and I am thrilled with it but it was totally unnecessary in terms of performance. I could have fit my 2 rads and mini itx mobo in a case of half the price, but yeah, the looks and the fact I could afford it judged that.
  4. Digital1

Digital1

Thanks Received:
    I paid around £150 UK Sterling for the CM Stormtrooper. Worth every penny imo.
  5. ThE_MaD_ShOt

ThE_MaD_ShOt

Thanks Received:
    I spent $130 on my last case. A Raidmax Vampire
    Crunching for Team TPU
  6. Vario

Vario

Thanks Received:
    I spent $50 on my Cosmos (used) and probably have about $100 in materials modifying it to my liking (rad grills) and a window panel ($40) and also bought all new fans etc since it came fanless, so all in all I have a lot of money in this case. My wood case cost me about $20 in wood and about $30AR for the elite 120 interior chassis, and then about $60 in metal panels for fans and power switch, $20 in wood products (sandpaper, stain, poly, etc).

I am planning on making a wooden mid tower with rotated motherboard 90 degrees like the silverstone products so the videocard hangs down, out of wood with 3x120mm intake rad grill fans and using my Antec 300's mobo tray.
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2013
  7. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith

Thanks Received:
    I have always looked for cases in the price range of $100 to $150 and have always been mid-tower. Now i went with a Full Tower recently and i think i will stay with full tower. I like my new Thermaltake S71 case.
  8. ste2425

ste2425

Thanks Received:
    Never paid for any of my cases, my first ones I picked up from side of road left for the scrap man. Chopped them up when I went through trying to mod things. Then I realised I was no good at it :p Last one was being slung when my last job was changing warehouses. Current was a trade for helping a friend work on his car :)
  9. Brusfantomet

Thanks Received:
    with the options and extra stuff, intercontinental shipping, VAT and other taxes, my Caselabs magnum m8 cost my in the vicinity of 700 usd, and i still use an external radiator... god amount of space in it tho.