1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

poor sound quality with Creative Fatality Gaming Headset

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Nick259, Mar 24, 2009.

1. Nick259

Nick259

Thanks Received:
    Hi, i've recently bought the creative fatality gaming headset and the sound quality seems poor. I read in the reviews that the sound quality was crisp and clear but it doesn't seem like that, it seems dull (i'm not sure how to properly describe it). I have a Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio 7.1 Sound Card to go along with it. Any tips as to how I can get it to sound more lively.

PS. It sounds bad during games but it's even worse during music (my old £2 earphones beat it), I would espect it to be decent considering there is lots of music in games.
  2. LittleLizard

LittleLizard New Member

Thanks Received:
    try playing with the creative software of your card and the equalizer. also try put them in the back output and not on the front panel (or viceversa). if there are connected to the front panel, try to reseat the front panel audio header cable
  3. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    only things i can think of sound card/onbard drivers need updating which i would do anyway
    or the headset itself is broken

one way to test them is to simply use them in another pc or device like a mp3 player or stereo

i was going to go with this headset but its a little older now and it had mixed views on the internet some love it some dont, hope i helped a little tho
  4. Nick259

Nick259

Thanks Received:
    I've had a fiddle with the sound settings and it sounds better now, thanks for the help, but it only seems to shine in bass, the other areas are only about average.
  5. WhiteNoise

WhiteNoise

Thanks Received:
    when not using the headset what speakers do you use? If you are using a 4.1 or 5.1 speaker system maybe the software is setup in 5.1 mode and then when you use your stereo headset you are losing some audio channels because the sound card is outputting 5.1 into a 2.0 headset?

I'm of course grasping here. It could be that the headset just doesn't meet your expectations.
  6. Josh81

Josh81 New Member

Thanks Received:
    do you have high definition audio drivers installed?

i have a cheap 40$ headset which has amazing sound quality
  7. MKmods Case Mod Guru

Thanks Received:
    I would get a better sound card. When I got my Asus D1 headphone sound was much nicer/louder.