1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Pops Black Phantom PL

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by popswala, Oct 1, 2010.

?

Whatcha think?

1. Sweet

25 vote(s)
    58.1%
  2. Pretty good

17 vote(s)
    39.5%
  3. Meh

5 vote(s)
    11.6%
  4. I've seen better

1 vote(s)
    2.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. lilkiduno

Thanks Received:
    I was asking about a shot with a side panel because I was wondering how brigh the nzxt led rope was. I may buy some for my case, but I don't want something that is too bright.

As for the window. Thoughts of buying the panel with the window. I the window in the place you personally want your window. Can you justify the cost for the panel over the materials.

And thoughts of cutting one yourself. Do you have the tools. Do you feel confident doing it. If you do I say go for it!

2. popswala

popswala New Member

Thanks Received:
    I was thinking of just pulling the mesh off, coutting the area out around the lil wholes to put the mesh back on. That way it just opens it up some more. The panel is like $20 or something but has a window instead of the mesh. The window is clear but the mesh allows air in.

The lights can be bright but there are 3 brightness settings via switch on the pci controller. Theres also a button to turn on/off. I will get some shots tonight with all the lights on and panel on so you can see better.

3. ThE_MaD_ShOt

ThE_MaD_ShOt

Thanks Received:
    Hey pops isn't the intake for the psu on the bottom? You think the carpet is hindering flow there?

Crunching for Team TPU
  4. popswala

popswala New Member

Thanks Received:
    lol, your right. I forgot about that. My main rig has 2 2x4's under the feet getting it off the carpet for better air. I'll do that in a few min's. I have 2 boards by it already.

Thanks for reminding me. Stupid carpet lol

5. ThE_MaD_ShOt

ThE_MaD_ShOt

Thanks Received:
    Carpet = dust bunnies. :toast:

Crunching for Team TPU
  6. popswala

popswala New Member

Thanks Received:
    1 bunny is enough for me lol. I just put the blocks under it. That should help it much better. I an't wait to see how cool it gets when its goes water. My 945 under an h50 stays at 50c. so if water on this one can go lower heck yea.

7. ThE_MaD_ShOt

ThE_MaD_ShOt

Thanks Received:
    Wow I would think the 945 would be cooler then that. My x6 is on air and does just under 50c under full load. Maybe the 945 just runs hotter then the x6's.

Crunching for Team TPU
  8. popswala

popswala New Member

Thanks Received:
    Heres another shot from the front with the door open and all lights on.

[​IMG]

Heres a pic of straight down from the top.

[​IMG]

Not much light comes out of it. All the lights are wired somehow so I can control them when I want. The only one thats always on is the front 120 fan since it just has a lil area for light to come out and it doesn't really shine out. I left that as is. All fans are NZXT and are modded by me to have all white led's along with the NZXT led light strip (2m). I actually bought a tone of white led's cause I was gonna make a led strip like NZXT came out with before I started on it. LOL perfect timing NZXT. I think there spying on me lol.

9. popswala

popswala New Member

Thanks Received:
    if you see in my sig, the 945 is slightly oc'd a lil. That could be why its running that way.

10. ThE_MaD_ShOt

ThE_MaD_ShOt

Thanks Received:
    Ah okay :toast:

Crunching for Team TPU
  11. Chicken Patty

Chicken Patty WCG Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey pops

Man, love the lighting, rig looks great bro. Great job :toast:

popswala says thanks.
  12. xxdozer322

xxdozer322

Thanks Received:
    LOL first thing i thought was a rock concert :roll:

13. popswala

popswala New Member

Thanks Received:
    Anyone with ideas?

I'm gonna work on getting pics of the water loop parts I got so you all can see what I have to work with.

As for the loop goes. This is what I had in mind all this time with the exception of the drain I just added in. I'm currently figuring out a way to fill it up and when you see the parts you'll see what I'm talking about. I am currently looking for other parts to change this up a lil but the tubes will prob stay where they are for the most part.

[​IMG]

14. popswala

popswala New Member

Thanks Received:
    Here's all I got so far with fittings attached. I think I got them in the right places on how I can get the loop to work out for me.

loop direction:
    -res feeds straight down into pump (will position pump directly under so tube is a short piece and straight).
    -pump feeds into cpu block into inlet on right side
    -outlet (left side) feeds into rad (closest to side panel)
    -rad outlet (closet to motherboard panel) feeds straight down into res (will center that also)

As you can see from the res. Its the 150 basic so it only has one port on top. This is where I'm confusing myself on how to fill it. I don't want to use T's or anything as I'm going for a simple closed loop. The pump top has multiple ports (out x3 / in x2) So I'm thinking of having one of the outs with a short tube on it running down and tucked in front of extra hdd cage with a barb stop fitting on the end to drain (when needed).

Any ideas on the filling? I'm currently looking at possibly getting a tank res for the pump as I can use that to fill it up along with the cylinder res.

Any other ideas or thoughts is greatly appreciated.

The pump top will also be getting white leds sleeved in white/black to light the block up. They're going to be inserted from underneath in the led wholes.
    [​IMG]

I plan on sleeving the fans also when I get some more supplies. So don't mind the ugly wires for now.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Almost forgot. I am currently moddings white leds aleeved in black/white to light up the clear on the cpu block.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

ThE_MaD_ShOt says thanks.
  15. t_ski

t_ski Former Staff

Thanks Received:
    Are you going to replace the body of the res? The cracks at the bottom would scare me. If you can't afford to swap it out right now, you might want to flip it upside down so the cracks are at the top, and won't always be immersed in coolant/water.

popswala says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  16. mlee49

mlee49

Thanks Received:
    +1, big concern myself. Cracks will lead to leaks.

Also, good luck on getting those tight bends. You'll probably need angled fittings.

Also, follow up question: "When are you going to cool your gpu?" :roll:

17. popswala

popswala New Member

Thanks Received:
    I did a leak test for well over 24hrs and it passed. Those are just stress fractures on the inside of the tube. I tried scratching on the outside feeling for cracks and their are none. I'm not found of this res. Its kinda plain and boring for my taste. Kinda leaning towards a adv 250 black ice.

I do have angles in mind to go on the extensions on the rad so that'll help there. In the pic it shows a GTX 275 but thats switched out now. I swapped it with my 460 so I can fold 24/7 on it and I put the 275 in my main rig so I can get my game on still. The 460 doesn't get that hot to justify watering it jmo. Maybe if I ever came across some blocks for them I may sli mine (others in another crunch/fold rig) and wc them.

18. [H]@RD5TUFF

Thanks Received:
    Looking really good man!

popswala says thanks.