• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Possible Faulty GPU or Mobo?

Processor AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3 Rev2
Cooling OCZ Vendetta w/Scythe Ultra Kaze 2000RPM Fan
Memory 8 gb Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz 9-9-9-27
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GeForce GTX 570 1280MB Overclocked V2
Storage 3x Seagate Barracuda 1TB
Display(s) 22" Samsung LCD
Case Coolermaster HAF 932
Audio Device(s) Integrated
Power Supply Corsair HX-620 620W
Software Windows 7
Hi everyone,

I've been having a recurring issue with my Gigabyte GTX570 OC which kinda went away but is now back.

The problem is that the drivers would crash randomly, sometimes even on idle. I upgraded to the latest non-beta (320.49?) and it made it happen far less often. Mind you, that in some of the crashes, the GPU wasn't under load.

I've recently been playing FFXIV: ARR and have the graphics set a few steps back from the highest settings. Now sometimes, the game will lock up and I'd need to force close it.

The weird part is what happens to all my games afterward. The games seem to be laggy (even offline ones). This is usually fixed if I go to Device Manager and Disable then Enable the GPU.

I've done a repair on Windows, reinstalled the GPU drivers (went into safe mode without networking to make sure Windows didn't auto-install the driver) but it's still happening.

I was told that it might actually be the mobo causing the problem. I'm not sure how likely that is but if anyone can give me advice, I'd be very thankful.