1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Possible New Sonic

Discussion in 'Games' started by eidairaman1, Sep 9, 2009.

1. eidairaman1

eidairaman1

Thanks Received:
    Get a look at this

Possible Chance of a Sonic Game back in its 2D Days

http://kotaku.com/tag/project-needlemouse/

Best Sonic Games IMO

Sonic1-3K, Sonic CD, Knuckles Chaotix (Same sounds used from SCD), Sonic Adventure (controls are flawless compared to later games) Sonic 2006 (Closest you get to Sonic Adventure altho it was rushed out)

Sonic Rush was ok but if you compare the Genesis games, the Genesis Games had better designs as of platforming (Sonic wasnt about speed all the time)

In other news Gametrailers had their Tribute to the Sega Dreamcast

Last edited: Sep 9, 2009
  2. eidairaman1

eidairaman1

Thanks Received:
    bump

3. HookeyStreet

HookeyStreet Eat, sleep, game!

Thanks Received:
    SEGA will only go and f*ck it up again :( I avoid any title made by SEGA now!

4. dir_d

dir_d

Thanks Received:
    I used to love sonic but those 3D games ruined everything if they do make a 2D HD game ill Def play

5. JC316

JC316 Knows what makes you tick

Thanks Received:
    I like this. I would love to see more games done like this. People and developers got graphic greedy when 3d first came out, but the 2d side scrollers were the very backbone that made way for 3d, so they had to be addicting.

Nintendo proved that this can be fun still with the Viewtiful Joe series. More recently Trine has showed that you can add all the bells and whistles, plus advanced physics and make the 2D awesome.

The best Sonic games were Sonic and Knuckles and Sonic Adventure. Even though Adventure was a 3d game, it was very polished, not like the POS ones they have been coming out with.

6. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    If they could somehow mesh the original Sonic's with graphics something like Little Big Planet, it would be win all over!

7. joinmeindeath417

joinmeindeath417 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Sonic CD was def the best sonic game!

Can't wait for this, i just played sonic and the black knight, words can't express how i feel about how much i hate that game...

sad to see sonic in this much bad shape and i hope this redeems him

The way i see it is this game is going to be 2D style with 3D graphics. give you the old sonic feel.

or 3D backdrops and stages, and 2D sprite? hmmm

8. eidairaman1

eidairaman1

Thanks Received:
    you sound like a Youngster then

Whats Kind of odd you can go to Youtube and Find User game Videos for Sonic- and they are actually seem to be better than what Sega is releasing right now. Sonic Rush was ok but I think TBH that Sega needs to have DIMPs work with the Creators of the Storybook Series of games and then maybe these Rag Tag Sonic Fans from below make a Game, Also tell Nintendo/Sony/Microsoft to fuck off on Release dates so they can get the best out of the game.

Retro Sonic
    Sonic Megamix
    Sonic Nexus
    Sonic XG
    Emerald Ties

9. shevanel

shevanel New Member

Thanks Received:
    Off topic and I'm sorry but until they re-do a legit version of Double Dragon I don't wanna hear about any other retro games...

Although I have to admit I did get some enjoyment out of the newest Bionic Commando game..

for the sake of staying on topic, I'd honestly like to see a HD 2d sonic.. would be sweet.

10. joinmeindeath417

Thanks Received:
    if you have a wii i'd suggest getting Madworld, it's an amazing game by sega. Probably one of my favorites for the console which are short and few.

11. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    Sega's got some alright titles out. They for sure aren't no Electronic Arts but they really don't have any block buster titles either.

Crunching for Team TPU
  12. joinmeindeath417

Thanks Received:
    It's funny cause a lot of the games that come out on Wii from sega are actually some of the better Wii games, even sonic unleased was good on it compared to 360 and ps3.

13. HolyCow02

HolyCow02 New Member

Thanks Received:
    The 2D sonics were great. I had one of the 3D ones for Gamecube and it was... well horrible. I mean it was really bad. Completely ruined Sonic for me. Going back to 2D is the way to go.

14. JC316

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, I had sonic adventure 2 on the cub. I could only stand about 5 minutes of it. Horrible game IMO. If you want a really good 3d sonic, go with Adventure on the Dreamcast. It was the best. I think Sega took pride in it because it was on their system, not the arch rival Nintendo.

15. eidairaman1

eidairaman1

Thanks Received:
    Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 were on the Gamecube, They just expanded some of the stuff (graphics for SA1 and gameplay options for SA2). Drawback for the SA on GC was there were way more glitches. Only thing that ticked me off is with SA2 they cut corners with Graphics and Physics (Sonic was a perfect ball in SA, SA2 no character spun like a ball) because they couldn't fit all of the game on a single Disk at the time on the DC (if the DVD atachment and future DCs were released they would of had SA2 as a major improvement)

16. JC316

Thanks Received:
    The controls seems sluggish and unresponsive on the Cube. The DC versions seemd much more crisp.

17. Frick

Frick Fishfaced Nincompoop

Thanks Received:
    If it's 2D i'm all ears. Sonic 2 is still one of the best games ever made imo. .)