1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Power, but no boot.

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by twilyth, Sep 16, 2009.

1. twilyth Guest

This is an older Gigabyte MA69VM-S2 board for an Athlon 64 X2. There is 520w psu and 2 gig DDR-800 ram.

I think I've run into this problem before, but I can't remember what causes it. Although I could be hallucinating.

If you turn on the psu from the back panel and hit the power switch, the cpu fan starts up for about 1/2 of a second and then shuts down. Hitting the power on the front panel has no effect until you turn off the psu at the back, wait a few seconds and then flip it back on. Then when you hit the front panel pwr sw, the same thing happens.

I think I need to clear the cmos but there don't appear to be any pins, just solder points next to the cmos battery so I have to check before I go around shorting shit.

I figured I give you guys something to do in the mean time.

You can thank me later. :toast: :roll:
  2. CrackerJack

CrackerJack

Thanks Received:
    remove battery wait about 30sec. then try again

if that doesn't work.... dying psu maybe"
  3. kuroikenshi

kuroikenshi

Thanks Received:
    You know this type of thing happened to me as well. It ended up being that I plugged in the 4 pin connector for a PCI-E Video card into the motherboard portion if that makes sense. When I took that out and plugged in the proper one, it ended up working for me. :laugh:
  4. twilyth Guest

I can relate. The guys who built the psu had us in mind because the +4 connector is clearly labeled something like '+4 goes with 20pin'. :shadedshu :wtf: :laugh:
  5. CrackerJack

CrackerJack

Thanks Received:
    :laugh: Done the same thing before :eek:
  6. ASRockIQ

ASRockIQ New Member

Thanks Received:
    +1 here :laugh: