1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Power Button Issues

Discussion in 'Cases, Modding & Electronics' started by Exile_Chavez, Sep 20, 2011.

1. Exile_Chavez

Exile_Chavez New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well guys, bad news. I was cleaning my PC, and it seems a wire came loose. Not one that plugs in, but the one attached to my power button. I had to jump it to get it to come on right now, and I don't quite know how to get it attached again. Can someone help me with this? I mean a new case wouldn't kill me, ok yes it would, but if it is my last resort then I'll do it.

On a not so related subject, the head on my fan(the plastic cap opposite of the back sticker) seems to be coming loose and making this tick noise, so I have it unplugged currently.

I have an xclio a380bk case, any help would be great.

2. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    Sounds like it's time for a soldering iron some flux and solder :).

3. Exile_Chavez

Exile_Chavez New Member

Thanks Received:
    From the look of it that may be it, but there is no metal wire coming out of the back of the button to attach it to, or at least it is so little that I can't see it.(it must be there since I jumped it on) Is there anything else you can think of?

4. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    Under warranty ? ask them for a new button and let them know you can send them a pic of it if needed.

Or buy a new button.