1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Power Supplies

Discussion in 'System Builder's Advice' started by currahee440, May 25, 2010.

1. currahee440 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey guys. I was wondering if you could rank good PSU companies from the so so and make a list from best to okay.
    Antec, Seasonic, Corsair, Thermaltake, OCZ, Coolermaster, and Rosewill.

I threw Rosewill in there because I've had really good luck with their wireless router (I know it's totally irrelevant to PSUs :laugh:) but I'm not really sure... and I've never been sure about Thermaltake and Coolermaster.

If my mind gets aggravated enough I might just get another Antec Earthwatts 430W PSU to power a new system I'm getting.... thanks :nutkick:

I was thinking about getting this: CORSAIR CMPSU-400CX 400W ATX12V V2.2 80 PLUS Certi... to power my X6 system I am thinking about building. I Saw on a review site that the system eats just shy of 200W... but I'm thinking about getting a 450-500W to leave a bit more of a headroom because I don't think the test stressed the GPU as well.

2. m1dg3t

m1dg3t

Thanks Received:
    Soylent Joe and currahee440 say thanks.
  3. burebista

burebista

Thanks Received:
    Here is a nice list with PSUs tested properly.
    Here is another list with OEM by models.
    That Corsair CX400 is OK. I'd look at Seasonic S12II 430 but probably it's pricey than CX.

4. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    We have a sticky for PSUs in the General Hardware section. Panchoman has done a very fine job. PSUs

currahee440 says thanks.
  5. roast

roast

Thanks Received:
    That sticky will tell you all you need to know. :)
    For what its worth, I personally recommend Corsair PSU's, and so will a lot of others here.