1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Power supply wont turn on Asus A7N8X

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by paul06660, Apr 28, 2007.

1. paul06660

paul06660 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hello, I have a new problem after I solved my old ones.

I bought a Asus A7N8X and finally got the thing up and running with an Athlon 1400+ and 1 gig of patriot DDR400.
    I was messing around in the bios and clocked the processor to 166 on the Memory Bus and when I went to restart there was no post.
    So I manually flipped off the power supply switch to go about resetting the board.
    After I cleared the bios, the computer would not turn on. The power Led on the motherboard was on, but the board would not turn on still.

I tried another power supply from another computer and it turned the thing on just fine with post and everything.
    I put the old power supply back in and flipped the switch on and still no power up, but the power LED on the board was still on.:banghead:

Could anyone tell me how to get the power supply to turn back on the computer?
    Before I bought the thing I put it on my tester and it passed.

The power supply is a A1 brand with 300 watts with 10 amps on the 12v and 2 amps on the +5vsb.
  2. GLD

GLD

Thanks Received:
    10a on the 12v rail would be my guess that is the problem. I wouldn't want to put less then a 15a 12v supply to a quality socket A board like that. I had a A7N8X-E. Those ASUS boards are 1 of the best for the socket A.
  3. OnBoard

OnBoard New Member

Thanks Received:
    First thing to do after power switch is to give a couple resets, that usually brings life to incompatible PSU/MOBO compinations. My couple previous power supplies and mobos have needed that and now the same PSU and a new mobo it starts every time.

If reseting doesn't help then you can flip the power switch and hit power button in weird compination on/off and try keeping power button in for a while. Don't know what's up with some PSUs/MOBOs, but thinks that some motherboard give the start signal too soon and power supply misses it.

If either thing doesn't help then the PSU might be having it's last breaths. Had a Revoltec (well 2) and it kept ketting harder and harder to get on, until I changed it to identical new one and it worked for a year and then same thing.

Happy switch flipping :)
  4. paul06660

paul06660 New Member

Thanks Received:
    It works now. Thanks for the advice!!!!!!!!!:D
  5. OnBoard

OnBoard New Member

Thanks Received:
    Good and no problem :)