1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Powercolor 4870 bios flash help

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by KILLER_K, Feb 6, 2009.

1. KILLER_K New Member

Thanks Received:
    Okay i bought this card from someone to replace my 8800gt. He had manually changed the bios with that rbe app . So he did the clocks from 750/900 to 800/950 and turned the fan to 100% 24-7.

Now i want to remove the fan from 100% and change it back to stock 750/900. So i tried atiwinflash and get a "SubsystemID's Mismatch" error with that. There was two bios on this site for the 750/900 i tried both, same results.

Next downloaded atiflash and booted into dos. First thisng i get when i run atiflash -i is "Exiting do to signal" and that is it. So just what the heck do i need to do at this point to restore this thing to the factory specs. As the fan is so loud i can't think at 100%. :banghead:

Good Day

2. paulo7 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey dude I was actually thinking flashing mine to what urs is (apart from the fan) any reason for the downclock?

Also is flashing really any better then jus overclocking through ccc/rivatuna?

ps u get a good deal? was thinking of selling mine for an upgrade mayb mines only the 512 one though...

3. KILLER_K New Member

Thanks Received:
    Mine is the 512mg version 4870. It runs fine at that, but i can manually clock it if i need to though. Fan is just annoying me right now. It is fast enough at 750/900 for me. Just want to get this issue fixed.

Good Day

4. KILLER_K New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well i fixed it finally got it to flash. Now it is real quiet, so nice too be able to hear now. Only thing i see and perhaps it is a vista 64bit os issue. Is the Ati Catalyst control Center is showing my gpu at 0% all the time under activity. Is this a bug or perhaps someone knows a work around for this?

Here is a screenshot showing the issue. As you can see in the picture it is 96% on the ati overdrive. But the one on the right in the box still shows 0%
    [​IMG]

Good Day

5. Flash

Thanks Received:
    If you want proper monitoring use Riva Tuner or Ati Tray Tools.

6. KILLER_K New Member

Thanks Received:
    Seems the card has more issues, now it will not even boot. I had to place my 8800gt back in there for the pc to even boot. Guess it is time for a RMA.

Good Day