1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

PowerColor Adds Own Design to the HD 5770 with HD 5770 PCS+

Discussion in 'News' started by btarunr, Dec 8, 2009.

1. eidairaman1

eidairaman1

Thanks Received:
    Cry all you want dude, it is an effective cooling design, another point to make cooling doesnt need to be an exhaust type to keep stuff cool, its the matter of cool air coming into the case that counts.

2. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    uhhh that was what I was planning to do before people started telling me what to do

.:EDIT:.

well....given the 5980's current pricing. id say maybe at a later date!!!

3. vagxtr

Thanks Received:
    Yep

You didn't miss that note about how this is just OEM version of Accelero L2 Pro cooler but you did miss thing that no three slot cooling on stock card cant be called effective not even must to have nowadays dual-slot solutions. What i call an effective cooler is that single slots that last came on X1950Pro they were slim and provide excellent cooling not as plastic cheap crap that was resurrected on HD3850/HD4850 single slot cards. And X1950Pro and HD3850 were both 90W class GPU.

This Accelero L2 is just as crap as TwinTurbo that goes on many Powercolor/VTX3D HD4870/4890 and other fancy solutions ... cause they effectively take three useful slots, instead just two like Sapphire aftermarket coolers does and Toxic brand also. And these cards still have active cooling on them. One good cooling on budget card was that on first GDDR4 HD4670 from sapphire that take Scythe slim 100 or 120mm Slip Stream fan for cooling and not these poor mans buggers like AC solutions.