• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

PowerColor ATI Radeon 7000 oem bios needed

cg

Hi,

I'm a noob here. I just bought a PowerColor Radeon 7000 PCI to flash for my old Apple G3 BW. I discovered too late that this card has a 64k prom chip even though Flashrom indicated it's a 128k version. It will need modding (replacing the chip with a 128k) if I want to use it on my mac.

I'm thinking of just returning it but when I flashed it back to the original backup bios using Flashrom all I'm getting after the usual Windows XP boot-up is a black screen. I don't know if the backup bios is corrupt.

Could anyone please send me a good PowerColor Radeon 7000 pc bios. I have 6 days to exchange this item so I need to do this quickly.

Thanks for your help.
cg

Processor AMD 5800x
Motherboard ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
Cooling Custom Water Loop
Memory 32GB G.Skill Trident Z neo
Video Card(s) Sapphire Vega 64
Storage Sabrent Rocket 4 NVMEs / SSDs
Display(s) 27" AOC AG271QX
Case Phanteks Enthoo Evolve
Audio Device(s) SoundBlaster AE-7
Power Supply EVGA SuperNova 750
Software Windows 10
Just bring the card back...say it didn't work or it started to mess up after a while. Don't tell them you messed with the bios on it. They will take it back as long as they don't know what you did to it. :D

-Dan

cg

I ordered the ST M25P10AV 128k eprom chip from dgkey.com at 3pm yesterday. It was shipped from Winnipeg and it arrived today here in Toronto via Purolator at 9am. Amazing!

I will solder the 128k chip and flash it for the mac. I hope it works. If not I will reflash it for a pc and consider it a learning experience.

thanks

Processor AMD 5800x
Software Windows 10
Have fun and good luck lol

-Dan :D

cg

I soldered the 128k chip and flashed it under OS 10.3 using the ATI Oct 04 flasher and it's working great!

I tested both the DVI and VGA connections and both work fine. DVI is definitely better with my LCD. I also installed the PCI Extreme Quartz hack and it works fine. Overall GUI performance is much improved:)

cg

Processor AMD 5800x
Software Windows 10
cg said:
I soldered the 128k chip and flashed it under OS 10.3 using the ATI Oct 04 flasher and it's working great!

I tested both the DVI and VGA connections and both work fine. DVI is definitely better with my LCD. I also installed the PCI Extreme Quartz hack and it works fine. Overall GUI performance is much improved:)

cg

Nice job there cg...:)

-Dan