• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Practical Experience Overclocking MSI GTX 970

Phazer1980

I just set disableloadingmip back 0 and Uplay insisted on installing patch and now the stuttering is back.

I tried setting gpu buffered frames to 3 as someone on another site suggested but that seemed to make the stuttering worse.

Are we sure what thesetting does? Does it disable mip mapping altogether or only say loading them during gameplay as the name suggests?

Also as mip mapping is essentially the technique of using different resolution versions of the same texture based on distance disabling it would not necessarily mean lower resolution textures. It could also mean that the highest resolution version of the texture is used at all distances. Does anyone know which is the case?

I found a page with screenshots of fc4 with the mip setting on and off. But the camera was not all the way up to a wall where low resolution textures would be most obvious. Could anyone post such a pair of pics?

EDIT:
I just took two screenshots, a close up of the same wall in fc4, as close as the camera can get to any surface in the game with DisableLoadingMip=0 and DisableLoadingMip=1

Here are the pics

DisableLoadingMip=0
http://imgur.com/nxTaMwF

DisableLoadingMip=1
http://imgur.com/0Sw4qxb

It looks like the the image with the setting turned on, the second one, is a bit sharper than the other one, and I have checked that I did not switch them around.
What do you think?

I think that this strongly hints that this setting does not lower texture resolution.

I will report back later and tell you whether setting this setting back to 1 fixed the reemmerged stuttering.

EDIT:
It did not fix the stuttering at all. The hack of gpu buffered frame and mip I used for patch 1.5 does not seem to work at all with patch 1.6. I have set all settings exactly as I had in version 1.5 (where the game ran very smoothly), but after installing patch 1.6 nothing works, and the stuttering is really annoying. Not even scaling back from ULTRA setting to VERY HIGH settings help.

Does anyone have a stuttering fix for version 1.6?

Last edited: