1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

pres of 08

Discussion in 'General Nonsense' started by das müffin mann, Jan 31, 2008.

1. effmaster

effmaster New Member

Thanks Received:
    But Ron Paul seeks to end the Iraq War IMMEDIATLY IF ELECTED. That would be a horrible injustice to not only the US Military (to include my father who served in both Iraq Wars) but to the Iraqi people that want freedom to come to them. We should all know that while this is a difficult battle it can be won but there is much patience that still has to be endeared.

2. Polaris573

Polaris573 Senior Moderator

Thanks Received:
    What does an passing an amendment forbidding gay marriage have to do with muslims. I'm pretty sure they hate gay people just as much as hardcore Christians. Besides that an amendment against gay marriage and abortion is ridiculous. It's not the federal government's job to legislate one group's specific views on morality. Leave it to the state governments, that's what they are there for.

3. effmaster

effmaster New Member

Thanks Received:
    Im sorry I was trying to say two things at once since Im trying to keep my posts short so people will actually read it. Seeing as that wont work then here:

Muslims and Atheists want God taken out of our Pledge of Allegiance as well as our U.S. Currency. This Mike Huckabee does not stand for. I applaud him for standing up for All Christians for this, Did nn]oone watch Miracle on 34th Street? Where the Judge ruled Santa clause was real based on the U.S. dollar. (Yes thats a bit out of context here but I think you get the point)

Huckabee believes that babies that have been created in the womb are still people. He believes that the millions of unborn children killed each year should have been given the right to live the Way God intended it to be.

I love nearly everything that Mike huckabee stands for.

4. das müffin mann

das müffin mann New Member

Thanks Received:
    i agree even though we did something very dumb by invading Iraq, i feel now that we completely screwed them over the least we can do is stay and rebuild/secure the region but unfortunately thats not going so well, due to the fact that most Arab nations/peoples hate western culture and us in particular, as for the gay marriage, the government should be in NO way allowed to decide what constitutes love/and marriage do it really hurt anyone if two guys or chicks love each other and want to express their feelings for each other by getting married, is that really so bad, its not like them getting married kills a thousand puppies or supports terrorism, unless of course osama and Mahmoud Ahmadinejad get married then well, they most likely would support terrorism by giving terrorists a 1000 puppy grenades

5. effmaster

effmaster New Member

Thanks Received:
    lol i liked the ending that made me smile. But seriously the U.S has a decision to make on this issue in the very near future. Canada and Spain are countries that I know of that now allow same Sex marriage. The thing is though that to be married you have to be married by a priest to be a priest you have to believe in God to believe in God you have to believe not in same sex marriage.

6. das müffin mann

Thanks Received:
    so my gay family members/friends cant believe in god?

7. OrbitzXT

OrbitzXT New Member

Thanks Received:
    The Iraq war reminds me of the scene in Borat where he is in that antique shop and keeps breaking things while trying to help and get himself together. I think its incorrect logic to assume we HAVE to stay there to make it better. Also Ron Paul's candidacy baffles me. I understand him, I understand his policies, I as a democrat actually agree with a lot of what he says. If Ron Paul's version of the Republican party was mainstream I'd likely be one.

The part that confuses me is the kids who don't really know anything about him. He has a lot of young supporters, and some actually read his positions on a variety of issues, but so many don't. Someone in this thread said...

"I will vote for one of the following: Barak, Ron Raul, or McCain."

That hurts my head thinking about it, those three men have such drastically different views on more or less everything. To me, thats like saying "I'll pick between life, death or purgatory". They just seem so far apart on the issues. Its like they say "An uneducated vote is worse than not voting at all".

8. das müffin mann

Thanks Received:
    eh vote nader :D

9. Polaris573

Polaris573 Senior Moderator

Thanks Received:
    I understand that. I don't like political labels or political parties so I won't label myself, but my friends say I'm a liberal and therefore a Democrat. However, Ron Paul is by far my favorite candidate to run in years if not decades. We're not alone either, plenty of people who normally vote democrat support Ron Paul. When asked to describe the typical Ron Paul support he said he couldn't because, in his own words, "there is no typical Ron Paul supporter." They are democrats and republicans, liberals and conservatives.

10. effmaster

effmaster New Member

Thanks Received:
    LOL i wish he was still in this race:D:D:D

Gay marriage is against the morals God laid out for us is it not?

Honestly im not trying to argue here..

11. OrbitzXT

OrbitzXT New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thats only if you want to be married in a church and have a religious ceremony. Each religion can make up whatever rules it wants and ban whoever it wants from getting married. You do not have to be married by a priest, you can be married in front of a judge. Also, you can be a homosexual and believe in same sex marriage. Think about it, God made you, God made everything right? Are you saying gays are a mistake? God made a whoopsy? God makes mistakes? All of that aside, in Christianity, if you sin and ask for forgiveness God will forgive you no matter how great your sin. All you have to do is ask for forgiveness and repent. If you want to call homosexuality a sin, God will forgive you if you ask for it. If two men or two women want to love each other and God considers it a sin, all you have to do is ask God for forgiveness. PS: I'm an atheist and a bisexual, though my whole family is Catholic.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2008
    das müffin mann says thanks.
  12. das müffin mann

Thanks Received:
    if you believe in him yes, but they dont really have much of a choice in the matter, and don't give me that being gay is a choice bs it really isn't, is it really so much to ask that people that play for the other team have just as much happiness/misery as the rest of us, i just don't really see the big deal in it all

13. OrbitzXT

OrbitzXT New Member

Thanks Received:
    Homosexuality is also found in nature, not just human beings. Maybe its an evolutionary device to control population? =p We need more gay Chinese and Indians!

14. das müffin mann

Thanks Received:
    lol, you can talk to my dogs about that one :D, i LOVE chinese food btw

15. OrbitzXT

OrbitzXT New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well I'd stay away from the Cream of Sum Yung Guy if the Chinese gay population increases.

16. das müffin mann

Thanks Received:
    omg dude that gave me a good chuckle

17. effmaster

effmaster New Member

Thanks Received:
    Your listing a whole bunch of other issues AKA adding to the fire. God never makes mistakes.
    There are certain sins that even God cannot forgive you for, I know this as I am a practicing Catholic every Saturday Night.(Yes they have services on Saturdays for Catholic churches in fact most if not all of them have services eery day of the week)

Lets not let this get to far into a God issue shall we? I rather despise arguing with people unless I really think theres a need to.

Isnt that only for recognized religions though? I haven heard of gay churches that are out there as of right now?

18. OrbitzXT

OrbitzXT New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thats what I meant, Catholic churches can set their own rules to be followed by their members. If they want to tell you not to eat meat a certain day, or whatever they can. Not just Catholics, other churches have their own standards as well. I agree debating is pointless, though it can be fun when you're having a conversation that you know won't turn into a flame war. A close friend of mine is a Catholic priest in training and is beginning the Novitiate in a month. I enjoy the conversations I've had with him, he knows about my orientation.

Lets try and change the topic, hm...if you could put any person in office as President, and any person as VP who it be and why? And don't say Chuck Norris or Mr. T ><. I'm gonna have to give this some thought, I have a few people in mind.

19. das müffin mann

Thanks Received:
    your still not giving me a good reason as to why gays cant get married, so if you believe that they will burn in hell because of it thats fine, i mean if they are going to burn anyway why not just let them tie the knot, it will give them equal rights as everyone else, something people are entitled to in this country

20. das müffin mann

Thanks Received:
    oprah and mel brooks got my vote

edit:as to why oprah is well oprah, where as mel brooks is a comedic genius, i feel like we need some light hearted compassionate people in office, that and he made space balls

21. OrbitzXT

OrbitzXT New Member

Thanks Received:
    This kind of goes back to what I was just saying about churches making their own rules. If Christians and all the branches of that religion want to say marriage is a bond between a Man and Woman, they have every right to and can forbid homosexuals from getting married within their churches. They have zero right however to claim two men getting married in a courthouse is against their religion and therefore should be illegal. Its called separation of church and state, and this goes back to what I was saying earlier as to why I'm uncomfortable with a President or Vice-President Huckabee. The way he speaks makes it sound as if he is comfortable with religion in government.

das müffin mann says thanks.
  22. russianboy New Member

Thanks Received:
    Woody Allen.

Or how about Chong!

23. das müffin mann

Thanks Received:
    omg cheech and chong for president

24. effmaster

effmaster New Member

Thanks Received:
    The thing is though this country was founded on Christianity:eek::eek::eek:

25. Ravenas

Ravenas

Thanks Received:
    But it was written in our Constitution that there is to be a separation between church and state. In my opinion, people need to stop asking themselves "Well how lightly can this statement be taken" and instead take this statement as concrete as they do the Bible.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2008