1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Prey 2 E3 Trailer

Discussion in 'Games' started by erocker, Jun 5, 2011.

1. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Not sure how good the games going to be based off of this, but this trailer is very, very good.

Enjoy!

If you never played the original Prey, DO IT! It's a very original, creative and fun game. Plus, there's vagina doors. You'll see what I mean.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2013
  2. newtekie1

newtekie1 Semi-Retired Folder

Thanks Received:
    So the new one has nothing to really do with the first, and we haven't seen any real gameplay footage? I'll wait until more info is available and we see what the actual gameplay is like, but I'm defintiely looking forward to this. The first game was really fun.

Crunching for Team TPU More than 25k PPD
  3. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, it almost seems as if they skipped Prey 2 and went stright to Prey 3 or 4. I'm sure we'll get some backstory at some point. Either way I thought the trailer was entertaining, and I love that song... Both the Soundgarden and Johnny Cash versions.

4. MRCL

MRCL

Thanks Received:
    Well there was an airplane on the alien ships in Prey 1. As for the rest of the trailer I have mixed feelings. Looks like Prey 2 is going a totally different route. I have not seen gravity walkways. This displeases me.

5. Completely Bonkers New Member

Thanks Received:
    That was an engaging trailer. Should be fun.

6. garyinhere

garyinhere

Thanks Received:
    Do they make a sound of disappointment when you walk through them? :p
    Ya know like on Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. ;)

7. HammerON

HammerON The Watchful Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Interesting...
    I enjoyed playing Prey. It was something different at the time:)

Crunching for Team TPU
  8. purecain

purecain

Thanks Received:
    hmmm let me think... i remember being an indian... being in a cafe in the desert and an alian ship arriving and abducting everyone...

and i remember thinking i couldnt wait for the next installment.... it better follow the storyline of the first, cos it was brilliant...

9. Funtoss

Funtoss New Member

Thanks Received:
    The trailer looks so cool! i hope the game looks something similar to the trailer ^_^ graphics wise and gameplay better than the first!

10. MadClown

MadClown New Member

Thanks Received:
    NY, the state were you cant defend yourself
    Yet another sequel that has nothing to do with the original. *slowclaps*

should just name it Far Cry 3 while they're at it.

11. Animalpak

Animalpak

Thanks Received:
    What should be ? FPS like the first one or Third person shooter ?

12. LifeOnMars

LifeOnMars New Member

Thanks Received:
    Guys, this one is open world. Just read a big preview on it in my subscribed Custom PC magazine. There are connections to the original story but gameplaywise it's all new so let's hope they nailed it!!

I loved the original Prey, it was awesome. Getting abducted to the sounds of Blue Oyster Cult's "Don't fear the reaper" Here's a screenie from when I played it back in the day.
    1280x1024 FTW!!! :)

[​IMG]

13. HalfAHertz

HalfAHertz

Thanks Received:
    Yes the first one was very original. I've always like HumanHead Studios' work.

14. MRCL

MRCL

Thanks Received:
    I hated those little ghost kids so much...

LifeOnMars says thanks.
  15. Benetanegia

Benetanegia New Member

Thanks Received:
    Acording to the trailer it has more to do with FarCry 2 than Prey, so why not. Only thing that it has in common with Prey is the presence of aliens, and they are not even the aliens from Prey.

For me the worst part is that you are a different hero. It's completely stupid to use a different character, especially considering the ending of Prey:

When after your grandpa tells you still have great things to do and Inuit(?) tells you that an important alien race has heard about you and need your help. I mean, considering that, was it really so difficult to say, "OK, Tommy, I know the "they need you" thingy looked much more like something epic, almost of divine proportions, but all they need you to be, is a bounty hunter, the best the universe has ever seen tho." That would have even be a funny twist at the start of the game, not to mention that your fame and actions could have taken epic proportions at the end of the game/franchise, making all the pieces fall together. Instead they introduce a new caracter and a sheriff character at that, as if they couldn't find a more generic/used/tired stereotyped character... BOOOOOOOOOORING.

I'll give it a try if it has good reviews anyway. Because I loved the first and I want to give HumanHead a chance, and because I love sci-fi themed FPS much more than "realistic" ones.

EDIT: You know what? They should have just went with a full-fledged 2010 decade character and make him a vampire, and make him fight hordes of zombies too while they are at it... now that would have been original.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2011
  16. Drone

Drone

Thanks Received:
    Looks like crap. They left the first unfinished and started this. I don't like such decisions. I already miss gravity walls!

17. RejZoR

RejZoR

Thanks Received:
    I hate it when they use well known, well established name on a game that has no connection to the original. It's like taking a footbal game and calling it Need for Speed. Or making a new Serious Sam game and calling it System Shock. It's idiotiq.

18. Benetanegia

Benetanegia New Member

Thanks Received:
    I completely agree, and the wort part is that it is becoming a trend. Especially with movies based on game franchises. There, it almost looks as if doing that was a requirement.

Director: I want to make a movie about xxxxx game.
    Publisher/productor: Sure but only if it has nothing to do with xxxxx. In fact I'll pay you $1 million for every nonsensical change you make.

For me the worst example (besides FarCry2) was Doom movie. They took a perfectly fine story about opening a gate to Hell (even if hell just meant the planet of an alien race) and made it about an "alien" race which was nothing but a previous iteration of human race that fecked up a DNA reconversion experiment. Because that (DNA experiments) has never been exploited in a film. Sigh.

19. RejZoR

RejZoR

Thanks Received:
    Doom movie was not that bad though i also can't see anything wrong with the opening of gates to hell.

20. Benetanegia

Benetanegia New Member

Thanks Received:
    It was not bad, but it was not Doom (and it wasn't good either). In Doom (games) a gate is opened to hell and the soldiers and scientists are possessed. So you fight possessed soldiers along with creatures from hell.

But on the movies there's no hell, there's no gate as far as I can remember. There's just an excavation where they find some ancient aliens which happen to be humans, with nearly identical DNA to humans and the creatures were/are just mutated humans. Mutated by a virus or something created with the purpose of mutating people into supersoldier.

The idea is not bad, per se, but it neither is good or new (cough* residet evil) and most importantly it is not Doom's story. So if they wanted to create a movie about, DNA, ubersoldiers and whatnot, well they could have made RE5 or whatever.

21. yogurt_21

yogurt_21

Thanks Received:
    never played prey and the this trailer looks awesome imo. but that tends to happen when you haven't played the original and thus have no expectations to have crushed.

22. theoneandonlymrk

theoneandonlymrk

Thanks Received:
    right thats it im finishing prey.

More than 25k PPD
  23. Mindweaver

Mindweaver Moderato®™ Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Prey is one of my all time favorite games. It's awesome! How does everyone know that there will not be any gravity walk ways? The walk ways were on the alien ship.. That trailer is based in the future... so i would assume it's possible to have gravity walk ways on there ships... I don't see how far off they are going.. because in that video i seen more aliens than humans.. Is it still possible for those aliens to still be preying on humans or are they flipping it and making the humans prey on the aliens? The game's name is, "Prey"... not, "AliensFromSpaceAbductIndiansFromAnIndianReservationAndTakeThemBackToThereShipWithGravityWalkWays".

Crunching for Team TPU
  24. wolf

wolf Performance Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    that is one sick video, doesnt seem to have much to do with the prey game I played tho...

25. happita

happita

Thanks Received:
    All right, I'm convinced that I now have to get Prey. It just looked so unique for its time, not just graphics, but the way the gameplay was (ie. walking upside down). Few years back it was such a great looking game and still looks good tbh. I just checked Steam to see if they sell it, and they don't :eek: