1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Prime95 and Memtest OK, Orthos reports error?

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by Unleashed, Jun 15, 2007.

1. Unleashed New Member

Thanks Received:
    I am at 38% OC and 172.5MHz memory clock (2.5-3-3-7). I put 1.625V on core and 2.5V on memory (asynchronic). As I push any of parameters it crashes in winxp or doesn't boot at all.
    Prime95 and memtest are o.k., but orthos (blend mode) shows a red screen over 11min that says hardware error, unpredictable calculation result, instead of 4xxxxxxxxxxxx is 9xxxxxxxxxxxx.

Is there anything to be done to proceed with OC, or is this bleeding edge of my PC? :)
  2. Sasqui

Sasqui

Thanks Received:
    Sounds like you hit the limit... your doing it right - trying a multitude of tests. I had an OC once where Prime and SuperPi worked, but 3Dmark failed. Dropped the Mhz a little and everything worked. Go figure.
  3. Paulieg

Paulieg The Mad Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    All of the stress testing tools seem to test slightly different, and will report errors that the other programs will not. From my experience, OCCT seems to be the best "real world" stability tool. If my OC passes OCCT for more than 2 hours, I've never failed Orthos, prime 95 or 3Dmark05 or 06.
    Unleashed says thanks.