1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

prime95 temps too high!!!! HELP

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by mullered07, Nov 1, 2008.

1. mullered07

mullered07 New Member

Thanks Received:
    ok thought id push my e7200 upto 4ghz and prime95 test it. have the vcore set to 1.32 in bios which isnt too shabby and its plenty stable.

however my concern is my temps with prime95, when its starts they get into high 70's (c) which isnt too bad but as the test goes on realtemp and coretemp both read at the max 91c which is kinda scary, it does pass prime95 but im really shitting myself over these temps.

now im kinda thinking how does this relate to real world terms because as we all know there is no game or program that will push/stress your cpu like prime95, it basically beats the shit outta the processor until it begs for mercy, but with temps that high in both realtemp and coretemp, im kinda worried.

the vcore is quite low for my overclock 1.325v @ 4.0ghz and i know the thermal sensors on the newer intels arent that accurate but should i9 be worried with temps like these, for instance when encoding an avi file with divx converter my max temp is no more than 70c and thats with both cores at 100% and a lot of the time around the 67c mark.

whats the highest temp you get from prime95 ?? and how accurate is temp reading on the 45nm procs ?. should i be worried by what ive seen, any suggestions welcome :toast:

2. dark2099

dark2099

Thanks Received:
    What version of RealTemp and Core temp were you using?

3. mullered07

mullered07 New Member

Thanks Received:
    one second, lemme check......... realtemp 2.79.8 and coretemp 0.99.3

my idle temps are just fine at 44c, and even when playing games i only get 70c max i know prime95 stresses the cpu like nothing else, but still 90c is somthing to ponder :eek:

4. flyin15sec

flyin15sec

Thanks Received:
    Prime has 3 tests. The small FTT will generate the most heat.

You may also want to try a different cooler, just to see if there's a difference. I can't recall any reviews about the silent knight. Most cpu cooler round up reviews will list, TRUE, Noctua or Xigmatek.

5. CrAsHnBuRnXp

CrAsHnBuRnXp

Thanks Received:
    My temps on my x38 DFI and my Q6600 B3 were unreal at 3.3Ghz. My temps would get so hot that everest would read my temps as -30*C while CoreTemp was putting it at 110*C. I still ran it at 3.3Ghz because like you said no game taxes it that high. I figured if it was stable enough for Gears of War, that the speed was fine.