1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Problem in games, Prime95

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by olikomerc, Apr 14, 2008.

1. olikomerc New Member

Thanks Received:
    My PC is working good and I installed some games (crysis original, test drive unlimited, company of heroes, etc.). When I'm playing these or other games, after ~5-10 min. my PC is turning-off and then starts again.
    There isn't BSOD and any other error in Event Viewer. I also unchecked Automaticully Restart.
    I made a test with Prime95 and after 8 hours it gave me a FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.5, expected less than 0.4. My system is not overclocked, and everything in BIOS (last version 1005) is set to default.
    I formatted HDD and installed Win XP SP2, and then tested with Prime95 and again the same error. Then I installed all new Drivers for mobo and vga and tested and same error.

I try to change the RAM from A1/B1 to A2/B2 but still no success. I havent any other components (RAM, CPU, VGA...) to try with them.

???
  2. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    hmm...you could reset your CMOS to ensure all stock settings...definately a good thing to do after a Bios Update Flash...

You can try running Memtest ISO bootable CD and see if there's errors there also...but the Rounding error is CPU based...if stock there should be no issues.

Reset your CMOS and let me know how that does.
  3. DOM

DOM

Thanks Received:
    On prime are you using the Blend test ?

Try one MEM stick at a time see if you get the same error if it runs for 12hrs then try the other
  4. olikomerc New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey, thank you for your answer, but I don't know what is and how to reset the CMOS. I know it is close to battery.

And I forgot to write that I tested the memory with Memtest86 from CD about 6 hours and there wasn't errors. Maybe I should test more hours?
  5. olikomerc New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yes, i tested with Blend test on Prime95.
  6. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    Refer to your MB's Owner's Manual for Jumper locations, you can also remove the battery (the watch-style battery on the board...can't miss it).
  7. olikomerc New Member

Thanks Received:
    OK, Im reading the manual, and does the BIOS will return to previous version 0704 when Im going to reset CMOS, because now I have the newer 1005.
    I think i can do that with the battery and maybe that about the CLRTC.
  8. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    No it keeps the version installed, just clears everything to defaults...should be done after every BIOS update...and I believe is recommended by most mfg's....even if not, I do it anyways to negate issues from not doing so.

:toast:
  9. olikomerc New Member

Thanks Received:
    But I checked in BIOS and everything is set to defaults, and I pressed F5 for any case.
    I'll try to reset CMOS anyway.
  10. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    Resetting CMOS can reset things you cannot even control or see, which could be of great help...and like said before, it's always a good idea to clear the CMOS after updating your BIOS...don't trust the auto-clear function if it has it, it's just best to manually clear it.

Definately keep us posted!