1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Problem Overclocking Radeon 9200SE

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by gkwong, Jun 12, 2005.

1. gkwong New Member

Thanks Received:
    I've tried to overclock my Asus 9200SE with the overclocked BIOS and it always come out with problem.
    I've tried from 200/166 to 250/200 and also 260/220 but after i flashed successfully and restart, the display come out with "ultra artifact and resolution".
    And when i flashed it back to the original BIOS, it becomes normal again.
    Issit i have to reinstall driver for it?
  2. gR3iF

gR3iF New Member

Thanks Received:
    what did you flash witch bios and what was your programm to see that 260 runs stable
  3. gkwong New Member

Thanks Received:
    i flash with the bios from this site "Asus 9200SE 128mb". I've check the core and mem speed with ati tool.
  4. gR3iF

gR3iF New Member

Thanks Received:
    hm then just oc
    it may be that your memory cant handle better timings or even other timings
  5. DREXY New Member

Thanks Received:
    asus 9200se has a shit of memory its almoust imposible to owerclock, just fey MHz!!!!
    BUT you can push your core up to 300 MHz, best to keep it at 275 with stock cooling!
    you should try a ram sinks, but im not optimistick
  6. gkwong New Member

Thanks Received:
    then if oc to 275 with stock cooling, what mem speed should be recomend? my casing already got 6 fans.

i tried to oc with small increment and it can. the prob is juz that my windows driver never regconize it. must i reinstall the driver. original driver or softmod driver?
  7. DREXY New Member

Thanks Received:
    there is no need to yse diferent bios, original one is just fine, you should only use softmod drivers to unlock gpu,and atitool to oc.
    J have oc few asus 9200se and nither one of them couldn't pass 180 with mem,
    but you shoud try to get as high as posible, J am sugesting that you try the "find max mem" in atitool. or you can do it manualy by increasing the mem speed by 5 and let the cube scan to check the artifacts for a few minutes, when you get artifacts reduse the speed by the last 5MHz and that should be it.
  8. gkwong New Member

Thanks Received:
    the problem is i cant use the new version of ati driver either softmod or original. i can only use until version ati799_wxp2k. i am using asus brand. when i install the new driver, my display will come up with artifact. some of the driver i noticed that it change to internal DAC from 400MHz to 500MHz.